“Cocktail Masterclass”

Ranked #28 of 1,557 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO BLOO 88, A STUNNINGLY RENOVATED BAR SERVING UP THE FINEST PIZZAS, COCKTAILS, PRIVATE PARTIES AND GOOD TIMES RIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE CITY CENTRE. The formula is simple. Take a stone bake oven, source the finest local ingredients, add in a decade of kitchen experience and you have a selection of the greatest handmade pizzas in town. Accompany them with a side menu of mouth-watering salads, starters and nibbles. Compliment them with the perfect drinks menu. Then, finish it all off with a unique music policy and you have the perfect place to kick back and unwind.
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We had a brilliant evening at Bloo 88 for our team Christmas party. We had a cocktail masterclass, tailored for us followed by pizza and more cocktails and beer. The staff were great, really looked after us, will look to use them for future events

Paul H, General Manager at Bloo 88, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Hi 909Sheffield
Than you for your lovely review
xx

Reviewed 14 December 2016

We went to a Christmas get together, and enjoyed tasty pizzas and delicious pudding, sticky toffee pudding, try it! Really friendly staff and did not rush us to finish! Genuinely a good place to visit. Highly recommend!

Hi Rosejo2016

Love Bloo88
xx

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I won a competition on Facebook that entitled me to host a party at Bloo88, inclusive of one glass of fizz for my guests and a tower of brownies. I was made to book this in June, yet when I wanted to make an alteration to my booking in early September to increase the number on my booking I wasn't able to.

Even though Bloo88 had known about this booking for 6 months, when I arrived at 20:20 to ensure that I would be there to greet my guests I was welcomed with around 25 people in the area that was supposed to be booked for my group. The manager's explanation was that he was unable to simply move them out of the area as they had turned up late for their booking - sadly, that is not my problem!

He then proceeded to say that he would require 15 minutes to clear them out and move their food. It doesn't take a genius to realise that if you had back-to-back bookings there should be some slack factored into the timings for clear-up and allow guests to run over their allocated time.

At 20:45 the area was finally ready, but rather than bringing 25 glasses of fizz out, they would only bring out as many glasses as there were guests. Bearing in mind a lot of my group were running late, as soon as people arrived, I had to keep going to the bar to ask for more glasses meaning I could not relax most of the night.

Lastly, there was one member of the bar staff (brown hair, was wearing a checkered maroon and dark green flannel shirt), she had a terrible attitude and was very rude to a lot of my friends that she served.

Finally onto some positives, the drinks were of high standard as per usual, and the atmosphere was good (although the music was deafening: I couldn't talk to the person next to me without shouting at the top of my voice. I actually left the venue having lost my voice!)

Regardless of whether this was a competition win or not, I did feel second-priority!

Hi Travel expert

Thank you for your review, which I read with interest.
First off let me apologise for not being able to increase your booking,
As a independent bar we rely on people coming into our venue and we happily do so, however if we don't have the availability then unfortunately we can't do this, Christmas time is very busy in the hospitality industry and our Saturday night in December fill up very early.
I would now like to apologise for you being let in 10 minutes late in your area
we of course allow extra time for bookings to over run. which is a standard in the industry, what is also standard in the industry is an apology along offer of a couple of drinks on the house while the booking waits. 99% of people that I've offered this to are very happy and don't mind waiting, as people are people and we can't just throw people out of and area or off a table when the next booking is due. (I would be grateful to know how you would react if this was done to you) what we can do and do is to usher the previous booking out of the area into another, which is what we did. Again this is quite standard within the hospitality industry and 99% of people are happy with the human touch approach
In regards to the processco we offered to you exactly what was promised a glass for every body in the group, at 8.45 there was only 4 people in your group, it would be irresponsible of us from a Drink aware/licensing point of view to give the equivalent of 25 free drinks to 4 people. When the majority of your group did turn up we happily did bring more out for you.
Again thank you for taking the time to post us a review
kind Regards
kind regards

Reviewed 30 November 2016

I held an event at Bloo 88 in the upstairs room. Staff were very welcoming, organised and freidnly and the food was absolutely delicious- and reasonably priced. For a great ambience and delicious food I'd definitley recommend Bloo 88- my favourite Italian in Sheffield!

Paul H, General Manager at Bloo 88, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Hi Bethheslin,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm glad our staff looked after you as well as they did and that you enjoyed the food as much as we do!
We look forward to seeing you again soon
Xx

Reviewed 28 November 2016

It is not heavily advertised which is a bit odd but the large pizzas are 241, meaning that you can get a pizza for Just over £6. And they are VERY good pizzas. My favourite is the chicago but the veggie one is also very good. Freshest of ingredients and all cooked to order in a proper pizza oven. Excellent!

Paul H, General Manager at Bloo 88, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your great review we are glad that you like our pizzas as much as we do
Xx