“Delicious coffee”

Cuisines: Deli, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Was here for a business meeting and really enjoyed the coffee.

A very smart place- thought it would be hard to get a table, but it wasn't and it didn't feel like they were in any rush to make us vacate the seat, which was great.

1  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Looking around town for a good coffee - had already had one somewhere else earlier in the morning, with friendly chat at the till.
Came here and had perhaps a better coffee - but, like some other reviewers, didn’t feel it was that warm a place. Lots of chat between staff and their friends. Probably ace if you’re a real regular.
Ah well, place looked great and all that.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Chuffed to bits to find a superbly friendly, quality café on this side of town. I had a sublime soup- pea and mint, vegan, delicious and delicately garnished with edible flowers. It more than covered the pre-meal food envy I’d had when I saw the Derbyshire Oat Cakes and Deli-salads served to the lady to my right. Great service from Georgie and my compliments to the chef!
Catering for vegans to carnivores from breakfast to teatime Marmadukes is a great find. I’ll be returning!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

It looked like a really nice place but unfortunately we did not feel very welcome so we left. We came in and we did not feel acknowledged; nobody greeted us or assured us that we will be seated or if we could feel free to sit anywhere. Perhaps it was a very busy time however being in a business like this, it is important to be very aware of your potential customers and ensure that they are being attended to. There should be no excuses in the lack of customer service. I hope you take this review as an area in which you could improve in and I hope you do not lose any further customers due to the carelessness.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Returning customer of this quirky little place away from the hustle and bustle. The chocolate vegan cake is wonderful (and I’m not a vegan). They sure do make a good brew too. Though it’s a shame about the service - staffs people skills could be developed to make the atmosphere as lovely as the cafe. A smile goes a long way in hospitality.