“Christmas Work Do”

Ranked #34 of 170 things to do in Sheffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely appalling! We went for our works christmas do. The room was cold & they had had to bring in halogen heaters. The room was also sparsely decorated. We hadnt paid the extra for unlimited drinks so I think we were put in the 'lower' function room. The queue for the bar was obscene & we waiting 15 mins to get served initially. The food was terrible it was frozen veg, a potato patty and the turkey was like something from farm foods all served IN A BOWL! Never have I eaten christmas dinner from a bowl before (apart from when I was a baby!) There was no waiter service for the bar, the desserts were rubbish (1/2 a Mr Kipling choc bun) & there was no decaff coffee either. We thought the live music would be on as we ate but it wasnt, that wasnt great either and the disco was as cheesy as they come. To top it all off - the waiter dropped a roast potato onto my friends chair while he was clearing the table & didnt remove it & also managed to slop gravy down my brand new coat. Never again..... We will defo be going elsewhere next year.

6  Thank Sally-bal

Reviewed 14 February 2014

A cold and windy midweek game in Sheffield is probably not the best way to spend an evening - except if you beat them 3-0 of course as we did. It was my first visit to the stadium since an FA cup tie in the early 70s when just a kid. The modern stadium was comfortable, with a good view for away fans although it's old and there is still the odd pillar to get in the way. Stewards were very friendly, no TV screens to watch by the bar/food area which is relatively rare these days but I understand they'd been vandalised (like Stoke) by previous visitors so no longer provided - fair enough. Hot drinks and food were quick to serve (unlike the cold queue at Huddersfield or West Ham) and again done with smiles. Overall inside the stadium we were treated well and with warmth, well done Wednesday.

3  Thank Stephen_Lloyd
Reviewed 8 January 2014

While in Sheffield have been to watch Wednesday twice now at hillsborough.. Great experience of watching a great team

2  Thank Svend F
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Possibly the finest part of Sheffield. With its world famous team, and Michelin chef level food. A wonderful experience for everyone.

1  Thank samashb
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been here a couple of times and this is a very nice stadium, I was invited to a party in one of the function rooms and really enjoyed that, the hospitality was good and I've seen a couple of football matches there which were less good recently, but on the whole it's a good place to visit

1  Thank Marie S