“worth a visit but take your coat!”
Review of Pure on Raw

Pure on Raw
Ranked #242 of 1,457 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Matlock, United Kingdom
“worth a visit but take your coat!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We ate here recently and I have to say the food was magnificent. We were a varied group, vege/vegan and carnivore but all were very happy with the food. The service was also lovely, friendly and efficient. The ambience on the other hand is a little mixed. It felt like a takeaway, sparse and cold-and boy was it cold, we sat with our coats on throughout the meal.

• Visited January 2014

Harlow
“Stunning food”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This is the second time that we've eaten here and enjoyed the whole experience just as much the second time. It's the best restaurant food we've ever eaten.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Stephen L
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Brilliant raw food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would really recommend visiting this place. We came at the end of August after hearing some great things about the food. I would definitely come again. The food is really good and the drinks are really delicious. Everything was really nicely presented and so colourful. The lady who was serving was really friendly. I think she was just filling in for the normal staff but she was really helpful and attentive. We were surprised at how filling the food was too - we were both struggling to eat puddings and that is never normally a problem for us. Even if you are a meat eater, it is a really interesting place to come to see how you can prepare food in different ways and have completely different tastes to normal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MFoxP
Buxton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very much recommended”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Visited the restaurant this weekend. I was blown away by one of the starters, entitled Nibbles, which featured a fabulous range of breads which were very unusual and very tasty. Quite simply the most interesting starter I've come across in years. The main course was good as well, although we felt it was a little similar to the starter and so lacked some of the impact of the latter.

The owner came across as a very pleasant and sincere person. Portions are big, and could easily be shared by 2 people. I couldn't eat all my main course and had to ask for a doggy bag!

Only downside was the lack of atmosphere - we visited on a Saturday evening, and during our stay there was never more than ourselves and one other couple there. I suspect this has a good deal to do with its location in an area just outside the city centre which is in the process of being regenerated. As a Sheffielder is fine by me, but it lacks the passing traffic to attract more customers.
Very much hope to return!

• Visited October 2013
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“An enthusiastic convert.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have to admit at first I was somewhat apprehensive about eating a cafe/restaurant dedicated to only raw food but in the time since Pure on Raw has become something of a not so guilty treat for my girlfriend and I. The range of flavour, colour, texture and taste is amazing, it really is a treat for the senses. Having been a fairly dedicated carnivore about a year ago it's food like this that made me realise just how incredible and versatile simple, vegetarian/vegan and raw food can be. I've now been vegetarian for nine months and have a budding enthusiasm for raw food and vegetarian cuisine that I couldn't have envisaged before.

• Visited May 2013