“Lovely food and service”
Review of Italian Express

Italian Express
Ranked #164 of 1,539 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have eaten here before and enjoyed the food so it was an easy choice to ask them to provide the food for my wife's 50th birthday party. We had three separate deliveries of food on a Saturday night all timed to perfection. First several different types of garlic bread (pizza style) and Arancini (rice balls) were delivered to help soak up the initial flow of alcohol; thin based garlic pizza's and delicious they were. Later on we had various pasta dishes delivered with salad, all very fresh with lovely tasting pasta and sauces Polpette (meatballs), a Boscaiola (vegetarian), an Alfredo (chicken) and the most beautiful Salmone E Gamberetti (prawns and smoked salmon made with the agnolotti filled with lobster). Everyone commented on how good the food was. Later on came the last delivery, pizzas and more garlic bread, again thin based and very tasty along with a divine tasting homemade Tiramisu. Excellent service and food. This business will continue to go from strength to strength and deservedly so. Thank you Max and the team for helping to make our party a success. Angela, John & Elysia xx.

2  Thank John W

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Italian express is my favourite Friday night take away treat!The food is so tasty and fresh, with lots of options to choose from. There's always a friendly welcome from the the owner and staff whenever my friends and I visit. I usually order the take away option, we take advantage of the complimentary bottle of wine (if you order over a certain amount) which isn't difficult given the great choice of Italian food, you can also eat in. I can reccomend the filled lobster pasta, and the stone baked pizzas are amaaazing.

2  Thank RedShoes79
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The menu is much more than your average Italian takeaway. You could have a stunning Italian meal delivered and foil your guests that you are a top chef! Or just enjoy the lovely food. We ate at the only table they have but you don't feel like you're being overlooked by others waiting for takeaways. There are magazines to browse as you wait. The owner will chat in between orders and is very friendly and kids are welcomed. We got proper plates glasses and cutlery. Beer and wine available. We had garlic bread with cheese to start which was just the right amount of cheese, so it is still a garlic bread not a pizza. Then we had a pizza and the vegetarian risotto to share between 2 adults and a child. Perfect portions. Fabulous flavours. The risotto was better than most restaurants I've tried. Highly recommended - everyone should try it. A proper gem in Walkley.

1  Thank Trippetts
Reviewed 16 March 2014

As I go to the gym quite often and have a strict diet I find it hard to find a take away which does really good food which is good for my diet, here I can have fresh cooked chicken breast and a salad all for under £10 and the quality is just as good as any restaurant if not better and I can even have it delivered if I'm been lazy after the gym ;)

1  Thank aldo2108
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My boyfriend and I are no strangers to Italian Express, it is by far our favourite take away in Sheffield!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for traditional, super tasty Italian food. It's our Saturday night treat but prices are so reasonable, we often order more than once a week!! Our favourites off the menu are the 'funghi di mare' starter (a must try), calamari and vegetarian lasagne. We usually order a pizza to share, which is cooked fresh and always cooked to perfection. Thanks guys!! Big thumbs up.

1  Thank Lilian G