The Noose & Gibbet Inn
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$88
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
  • Restaurant
US$134
US$102
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$117
US$105
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsretail parksheffield arenaan overnight stayperfect locationminute walkplace to stayfull englishb bpintgigtaxicereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We came, we gigged...we slept in peace....and breakfast was awesome too!
Stayed 14th December '14 for the Black Sabbath gig and were not disappointed in the slightest!

If you want a nice quiet little retreat from the hubbub of life then don't come here....
If you're going to a gig at the Motorpoint Arena and need a spotlessly clean, comfortable, warm and friendly place to lay your weary sweat soaked and deafened head for the night, somewhere where you can get a drink at reasonable prices, where the atmosphere is friendly and loud but does finish at a sensible hour, where the breakfast is traditional, hot, tasty and wholesome, where you're guaranteed to get value for money, where everyone is just plain Northern friendly, then do go and stay here. Can't recommend it enough, and we would definitely stay there again!

Yes, the room is small, but we only wanted a bed for the night.
Yes, we asked for a double but got two singles, but they were definitely beds.
Yes, it said free wifi, but I'm sure the password was around somewhere..was past caring..
Yes, there was noise from the bar, but only till about midnight...hey wait...Oh... it's a pub :)

Just book it, and enjoy :)

Room Tip: We had Room 007 facing the front main road so perhaps one at the back would be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redroom10_10
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We booked this as it was close to the arena. Very friendly staff on arrival. Took us to our room. A bit small but very clean and well maintained. Lovely bar area and excellent breakfast. All in all very nice place and value for money .

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

The noise from the bar was ridiculous. I even had ear plugs in until I snapped at 11.30pm which may not sound late but as I was working at six the next morning it was late enough. I did complain to the manageress who kindly pointed out. "we'll it is a pub" just incase I hadn't noticed I would imagine, who knows.
The fact that this establishment had such a disregard for its guests should be a warning to others.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kencanyeshecan
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here 13,14 and 15 June 2013, The room was clean and plenty of towels, just over the road from the Motorpoint Arena where I was attending a convention for 3 days. Staff very welcoming, they couldn't do enough to make my stay good. Mark was especially helpfull, I had a choce for breakfast and it was cooked fresh. They have a live band some nights so the music can be loud if you are immediately over the bar but as I am deaf there was no problem for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed the 1 night in march, As we went to see Olly Murs at the arena, as this BB was just across the road, we thought this was just ideal, Although the people were ok, the breakfast in the morning, was just dreadful, not normaly one for complaining, But something had to be said, the taste of the cooked breakfast, was just horrid, I could still taste it few days later it was also cold, the toast was stone cold, It took awhile but did get a £10 refund BUT will not be staying there again!!! Will not recommend it at all !!! Just makes me shudder just thinking about it!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family