“You get what you pay for”
Review of Gypsy Queen

Gypsy Queen
Ranked #682 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We visited for dinner on a week night. There is a lot of variety but it seems like it is more tailored to 'how much can you eat' rather than how good it actually tastes.

We ordered burgers, same old pub burgers, nothing too bad, nothing great either but it was cheap.

We sat at the far back as there was a group of mothers drinking with there children in tow, on multiple occasions I heard them swear and scream at the children which was very disrespectful in a public place. They we're running riot. We were on a booth table and the children started to play behind us, banging on the back of our seats and shouting, no cares from the family. I understand that this is NOT the fault of the staff by they did see that we were not happy but did not react.

There should be some separation between family eating area and everyone else.

This is good for a cheap quick fix, nothing to rave about which is a shame.

1  Thank bernie_yorkshire

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I appreciate it's Xmas eve and the place was really busy but without table service my food went back to the frozen state it began in while I stood for over 30 mins waiting to place my drinks order, everything was utterly shocking all staff including management walked(not rushed) around looking like someone had died, fortunately if it wasn't fir one staff(Katie I believe) I would have walked away really annoyed lol( can't swear on here thank God for them)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Booked a works Christmas Meal here, so all menu choices were pre booked. Meal was organised for 1.30 and we all arrived in good time, starters were brought in for everyone except 1 person who had to wait until just about everyone else had finished before his arrived. Same issue then arose with the main course - 1 person was kept waiting for a ridiculous amount of time but worst still 4 of our party had ordered a "big plate" meal but the waitress just walked up with the first main courses and said "turkey" so the 2 nearest people said they had ordered turkey and began eating their meal, it wasn't until the next two main courses arrived that we realised the first 2 were big plate meals - when we explained to the waitress what had happened she took the first 2 meals away and then brought them back to the people who had ordered them, but it was obvious that these were not fresh meals they had just brought back the meals that were being eaten by someone else not 5 minutes ago - gross!!. My meal was ok at best, sprouts like bullets and a half cooked saugage!, the wait for the desserts went on so long that I had to leave to return to work before I had mine so can't really comment. Overall a really rubbish experience and not one I would wish to repeat - will be booking somewhere else next year

1  Thank Janet L
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My Fiancé and I visited this pub this afternoon for lunch, on my first impression the pub wasn't too busy but there was dirty sticky tables with dirty pots on a few of the tables, I had to ask for our table to be wiped.
We ordered the combo starter, which wasn't too tasteless but not the best We have eaten, you get what you pay for In these pubs that serve microwave prepackaged food.
Our mains were terrible, my Fiancé had the jumbo fish and chips and the fish was tasteless, watery and jelly like. I had the jumbo crispy chicken breast, this wasn't a jumbo chicken breast it was a battered to death over squashed escalope, so may maybe that's why this gives the reason as to why they can call it 'jumbo' and it was coated in so much bread crumbs, fried to kingdom come that you couldn't taste the chicken, the rest of the dish was over cooked, the jacket potato was firm and could have used it to play cricket with! All in all very poor quality, utterly disgusting.
I asked the server to fetch the manager and asked for my money back, and without a squabble he obliged which I though was good customer service.
We won't be going again, Ide rather eat my arm!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were passing this pub at a time when we were close to famished.
While busy we were served quickly and the food was in front of us in around 10 minutes!!!

I had ordered a Sirloin steak and my partner a Gammon with all the usual bits.

The great thing was that both of us were more than happy with the way they were cooked and my steak was absolutely perfect!

The Real Ale was also a delight.
We will return!!