“Great find”

Ranked #59 of 1,674 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 December 2018

My daughter and I had breakfast here and loved everything about it. We both had the full English and the quality of ingredients was fantastic.

I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Faye B

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Went I with family for a brunch. Had the sausage sandwich, which was served with watercress salad. I had nearly finished the meal, when I moved the watercress to find what looked like a giant beetle. Not usually one to make a fuss, but it really makes you question their hygiene practices.

Also when leaving, the handle of the door was covered in gravy and was crusty.

I have never been in that sort of situation and was very disappointed with the experience.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Called in here for an early lunch after trying to go before mid afternoon and being turned away as they had nothing left. The food is very nice and is a bit different from the norm which is good. The building is nice but parking can be a problem. It is not cheap but the food does seem to be good quality. The only downside is that the staff are not very friendly and this was the case on both our visits (the first time we got a what do expect there is nothing left at 2.30 sort of look). I don't think we'd go back as there are other similar places nearby where the staff were much friendlier and the food was as good if not better.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

I've been coming to Grind for about two/three years and seem to have a mix of experiences, and that's probably why I've kept going back despite sometimes below standard visit.
There is a good variety of main meals, salads, sandwiches, brunch items and cakes...cannot fault the choice and you'll always find something to eat. The standard of the food is top notch! However, the choices are repeated quite often, and you'll probably be able to predict what's on offer.
Brunch is probably their strong point as it offers a change from the typical dishes, and the addition of a weekend special is a bonus!
Expect a wait (which speaks for itself) but staff tend to make you feel rushed during busy periods so choose somewhere else if you're looking for a leisurely chat with a friend.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

The Grind Cafe is very good. It’s relatively small and intimate with a post modern, industrial vibe, that works well in the location and based on our limited exposure the food is excellent. We visited the Kelham Island museum and called in for a simple lunch and coffee. Both food and drink were excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending this cafe based on our experience.

3  Thank martisan2018