“Intimate & informal but classy ocal restaurant”
Review of Back of house - CLOSED

Back of house
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We visited boh for a rare romantic dinner without the kids. I came away thinking how lucky we are to have a restaurant like this on our doorstep. The service was great as was the food (& cocktails). Really relaxed atmosphere but classy. The owners/chef are clearly trying to make boh a success & hopefully it will still be going strong in years to come.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

After searching for a place to eat on a soggy Friday night in Sheffield, we booked a last minute table in a relatively new restaurant on Ecclesall Road. I had the Caesar Salad for starter, which was freshly made and very tasty, followed by the burger and home made chips, which was superb. Whilst being pretty full, it would've been rude not to sample a dessert and we shared the chocolate tart, which was quite possibly the finest, lightest tart I have ever sampled (and that is no exaggeration!).

In summary, superb food, excellent service and I would definitely recommend for a great value meal.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Had a great meal on sat night with on husband on our 'date night'. Started with a cocktail which was lovely. Could not fault the starters which were fresh, tasty and more ish. Good value for £6. Mains were lovely perfectly cooked meat and fish and no need to order sides as it came with - hooray! Although we did try the cauliflower cheese which was divine!! Puddings were great too. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank Mrs_Law99
Reviewed 6 August 2013

As stated above, can't wait to go back, the food was gorgeous, just enough, not too much (hate feeling stuffed and uncomfortable when over faced at most restaurants). We were a large party and think we covered most options on the menu and the opinion was unanimous - absolutely fantastic - thank you

1  Thank hantil
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We've been meaning to eat here for a while, and last week, finally got round to it, prompted mainly by our recent visit to Hix Oyster and Chop house in London, where Richard the chef used to work. My only regret is that we didn't come here before, the food is easily the best in Sheffield. I had the scallop starter, my wife a special, pan fried mackerel and pork belly. Both excellent, imaginative and above all good to eat.

For our main courses we both had the ox cheek, which was more or less perfect, very well cooked, with a great risotto and crispy bone marrow fritters, the only fault I could pick was that the risotto was maybe a minute or two under, but maybe that's just me. We had sides of cauliflower cheese, which was very good, and some mash, which wasn't needed, but I'd been told by someone I trust that the mash there was the best they'd ever had, I agree.

Pudding was the duck egg custard tart, which was great, and a very well kept selection of Yorkshire cheese, served at the right temperature with a good chutney.

The only issue I have is the wine list, it needs expanding a bit, though the champagne is good.

3  Thank J0nG2013