“Really glad this place opened in Broomhill!”
Review of Chichainn - CLOSED

Chichainn
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Really glad this place opened in Broomhill!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great addition to the Broomhill restaurant scene and improving with every visit! Staff are really polite and the food always impresses!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dan_yorkshire2013

“Best Chinese Restaurant I've Ever Been To! ”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went in on a very quiet Tuesday night. Service was excellent, the staff couldn't do enough for us and were impeccably polite.

My partner and I eat out regularly, and I can safely say this is the best meal I've had in Sheffield. The dim sum was to die for, and both of our meals were freshly prepared and delicious!

For 2 mains and some dim sum we paid £25, which I thought was amazing value for money. Complementary tap water and real prawn crackers.

Amazing ambiance. Live Chinese guitar player. Comfy chairs and clean, modern toilets.

10/10!

Will defiantly visit again and again!

Honiara, Solomon Islands
“Yes, It's Really Good.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

A repeat visit to this restaurant, which is only about 3 minutes walk from where I live, confirmed my previous impression that this place is excellent. I like the decor and the space, the service is charming, enthusiastic and polite and the food is totally delicious. This time I visited Chichainn by myself and thoroughly spoilt myself.
I got myself into the mood by ordering a lovely Long Island Iced Tea and then had a quarter crispy duck with 6 pancakes and all the accompaniments all to myself. Not a shred was left and my plate was cleared. Oh the self-indulgence of it all! I recommend that the only way to eat crispy duck is by yourself since sharing any of it with a companion is something no man should have to do - too good to share.
Then a main course of sizzling chicken served with a vast mound of Singapore-style rice. Thoroughly enjoyable and far too much for one person to eat but that was not a problem since the splendid food that I had left was packaged up as a takeaway and made a complete meal for the next day - 2 meals for the price of one.
Again, I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant, especially the musical performance which was unobtrusive but added to the ambience. Only one thing spoiled the feel of the place - inconsiderate parents. I think it is delightful that families are able to eat here but when I visited there was a typical Broomhill middle class family with parents in their mid-thirties diving into a vast array of food whilst allowing their two young children to run around regardless of any havoc they might be wreaking. I do wish such parents would realise that no-one finds their children to be as charming as they themselves do. Honestly, it would much better to allow dogs in restaurants rather than human children since dogs usually carry less disease and behave much better than human children do, particularly those of indulgent middle class parents who really ought to know better.
Inconsiderate customers aside, Chichainn is an excellent restaurant and ought to do very well. I can not imagine why anyone would not enjoy dining there.

Matlock, United Kingdom
“A generous 4.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

As the food was very tasty (this being the most important aspect, surely), this is a nice place to visit. Modern decor, pleasant service, decent prices.

Couple of unimportant mistakes with the order.

But please, please stop serving coca cola from a 2 litre bottle. Absolute pet hate. Flat as a pancake.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Wasn't sure about trying this one as no website to check out the menu and prices but it always looked full when we passed so we took the plunge. The ambiance could have been a little better, perhaps better lighting or candles on the table but the food was absolutely fabulous. I had a king prawn starter and have never had prawn as nice before. They were delicious. My husband had Chicken with fungi and egg fried rice and I tried the seafood Thai rice. Everything was freshly cooked and tasted great. We had a couple of glasses of wine and there was a bottle of water on the table which was complimentary (not always the case). All in all the food, the service and the whole evening was great. We will be back!