“So glad to find tamper”

Tamper Coffee - Sellers Wheel
Ranked #14 of 1,478 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tamper Sellers wheel is located 2 minute walk from Sheffield train station and the city centre. We have a great inside/outside eating area in a grade 2 listed, silversmiths building, along with a take away bar. We pride ourselves on our New Zealand roots, everything we do is centred around this, great coffee, great food (Locally sourced)and a bar serving NZ wines and a large selection of craft beers. We have a private meeting room and hold private functions.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Found this fab restaurant by chance on a shopping trip to Sheffield. Building is full of atmosphere with lovely exposed brick and rustic style tables. Lovely New Zealand mural! the restaurant is small and cosy but has good outside space. Staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient even on a busy Saturday lunch time. The menu is very original and specials were outstanding choice with one salad, one pie and one fish dish on offer. I ordered the three little piggies pie which was exceptional. All food is locally sourced and freshly prepared to an exceptionally high standard for a lunch cafe. Portions were large and price was reasonable for such well prepared and presented food. The flat white was probably one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had. Looking forward to trying one of their special evening sessions which run once a month. Gourmet food at reasonable prices. Can't wait to try another special.

There are newer reviews for Tamper Coffee - Sellers Wheel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Tamper Coffee was recommended by a friend and we visited for the first time today. We arrived at 12.30, as you walk through the door the main counter is straight in front and all three staff welcomed us as we walked in. They were so busy, we were told there would be a wait but managed to sit in the front area straight away. The staff are excellent, friendly, knowledgable and very at tentative. We timed it right as the pace got busier and busier with people queueing to be seated, everyone was happy to wait which was a good sign.

The coffee came, flat white and Americano within 5 mins and the food was there in about 15. My wife and I both had the steak open sandwich and chips which was well presented, plenty of it and so yummy!

The place had a great atmosphere and was buzzing with people.

If you haven't been I would highly recommend it, this is the best cafe / restaurant I have been to for ages!

1  Thank nottsUKfamily
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This place was brilliant, really good food and done in an inventive way. Delicious and fresh! Worth a visit and makes what could be a boring hotel breakfast a lovely experience before a busy day away!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This place has great food and huge portions. Their pies of the day are by far my favorite, and I would really recommend their cold brew coffee is perfect for a hot day. The staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is laid back. Great for families or friends

1  Thank Jessie S
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now.
First time for breakfast and then for coffee.
Firstly I've got to say the place is gorgeous. As other people have rightly said the exposed brickwork and warehouse styling is impressive.
The coffee is excellent and the cake selections are good.
BUT..
I can't help but think this place is very overpriced.
The full breakfast at almost £10 is ludicrous. I thought that the eggs Benedict at £7 was reasonable until I realised that you have to add ham/bacon at £1-50!!!
£6 for beans on toast!
£6 for mushrooms on toast!

I don't mind paying strong money for quality but I can't justify this on a regular basis.

Not when you compare it against jontys at sharrowvale (roughly 40% cheaper) and other good places in Sheffield.

For now this place will do really well. It's hip and it's a good location for city workers.
Only time will tell.
(Btw. I have to disagree with some of the posts on here moaning about service. I have found the staff to be excellent and really helpful. )

3  Thank Joynesie