“family friendly”

Ranked #366 of 1,516 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I often go here with my grandchildren and must say the childrens menu are fantastic, and good portions, love to go at lunchtimes with my daughter also, the menu is varied and good and think this place caters for all, wheter it is a lunchtime with the girls or evenings with family and friends with skysports to keep the boys happy.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We go here quite often but our last visit (25/02/14) was the best as far as the food was concerned. They have a great new menu with lots of different & traditonal dishes to choose from. We ordered nachos to start with (£4) and there was enough for all 3 of us (I did initially order them for myself but when they came they looked so good we all tucked in). For the main course I had smoked salmon ceaser salad (£9) which was delicious and actually contained lots of salmon! My husband had fish & chips (£10) which had the biggest piece of fish I'd ever seen and my son had pizza & ice cream from the kids menu. You could tell all of the food was freshley cooked and was very good value for money.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had booked a birthday meal with my family at the Staindrop Lodge but was so let down When we went today. Service was appalling. Booked in for 2.00pm - we didn't leave til well after 5.00pm. Not good when you have very elderly parents and very young grand children with you. I had to keep getting up to find out what had happened to our meals and ended up feeling like a right old dragon ! Seems that there was no one around to organise things and make sure that everyone was getting good service. Caused some upset in our crowd too which you don't want or need!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

A group of us visited the Staindrop for Sunday lunch , the experience was at best average.
We were left to our own devices to find the room that we had been allocated .The room had no natural light and after a while become very stuffy ( there were some 15 adults and 6 children) even though the air conditioning was running.
Having said this the room was well presented and the waitresses were pleasant , the food on the other hand was not great , I had fish cakes to start and I must say it was difficult to find the fish others had soup which was good. The starters were served reasonably quickly , however , we were waiting nearly a hour for our main course to arrive and our hosts had to chase this. The quantity of the food was good but the quality was somewhat lacking ( I had roast lamb and my wife had roast beef - it was difficult to detect the difference between these).
It does seem that the Staindrop is popular and it may just be that we arrived at a time when they were very busy .