1,244 results
All reviews complimentary port the parker resident peacock luxury room db b beautiful hotel new wing wedding party four poster bed birthday treat wedding breakfast bar prices lovely grounds wedding reception bed and breakfast lovely room course meal
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Our Romantic break was superb throughout and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast number 1 was a bit unusual being the usual cold offerings plus a limited range of hot, served by a member of staff from the hot servery. We were asked not to help ourselves but wait for a staff member -perhaps we might have hurt ourselves! Next day (when there was not a large wedding party to cope with) we got a breakfast menu card and the full offerings including kippers, porridge, a choice of eggs etc. all cooked to order.
Our room was upgraded for our celebration and all staff were excellent.
Dinners well worthy of their Rosettes - really good.
Bedroom a tad too hot- probably the duvet too thick for August use.

Date of stay: August 2010
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I must say Whitley Hall tops all accommodations I've ever stayed in. And the price was amazing. Through laterooms I was able to get two double rooms with king-sized beds, one for my mother and one for my 10-year old son and I, at half price. The narrow gravel road up to the hotel, lush overhanging trees, ivy and other greenery, was the perfect introduction to this enchanting retreat. the staff were welcoming and helpful upon our arrival and the old world decor was simply breathtaking. See photos. The peacocks of course were my son's favorite. Great breakfast and staff were patient and accommodating with my son, given that this really is a hotel of a more romantic nature. Distinguishing touches included the crystal decanter with complimentary sherry and the quality toiletries, tea & cookies. What a beautiful retreat it was. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I could go on and on and on about this hotel but to summarise we had a civil wedding ceremony here and have stayed at Whitley several times before and after and have never been disappointed. The gardens, the rooms, the staff and the food are all fantastic and the hotel really does deserve its 2 AA rosettes. However we still can not believe that it is rated as only 3 stars. We have stayed in many hotels and Whitley definitely without a doubt deserves 4 stars. The rooms are modern, comfortable and are set in such lovely surroundings. There are often special offers on too which are a bargain.
If you like a hotel with a relaxed atmosphere, good food, a lovely room and grounds then this is the one for you.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Whitley Hall has to be one of my favourite all time hotels. I got married there some 12 years ago now and on special occasions such as birthdays and anniversarys myself and my hubby treat ourselves to the romantic break deal. This time we stayed in room 16, the peacock room (honeymoon suite). First time we have stayed in this room and it was truly stunning with a very old four poster bed, very large jacquizzi bath and overall truly remarkable. The food at Whitley Hall is exceptional from the bar meal in the afternoon, evening meal to breakfast the following day. Lovely walk if you head out of the hotel and turn right and over the farmers field to the back of Ecclesfield Church and back up the lane again to Whitley Hall. Good walk to work off the pink sparkly stuff before your evening meal. The only draw back was the less than attentive receptionist come bar maid who was on duty when we checked in. As it was a warm sunny day I ordered a bottle of beer which she proceeded to pour in a pint glass ! Other than that all the other staff we came into contact with during our stay were extremely polite and very helpful.

Again, wonderful stay and the romantic break well worth the money.

Date of stay: June 2010
1  Thank Dalton2
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, it is set in a quiet location with beautiful countryside on the north side of Sheffield. The room/ensuite was super, the bed very large, food excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Jane at breakfast time. Watch out for the peacocks in the car park! The only thing that would improve this hotel would be a swimming pool/spa.

Date of stay: April 2010