“A wonderful, relaxing experience in a very beautiful old building”
Review of Whitley Hall Hotel

Whitley Hall Hotel
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 12 November 2010

My partner and I had booked the one night romantic break for ourselves, daughter and her future husband. We stayed in rooms 6 and 7, both of which were very nice and were complimented with old fashioned furnishings and decoration. Lovely for a building such as this! We all had a very relaxing stay, the food was superb and sitting chatting after dinner by the fire before retiring to our rooms made our day complete. A walk around the Hall is a must as the grounds and wildlife are well worth seeing. We didnt see any of the other rooms, however, I would think the four poster spa rooms would be fabulous to stay overnight in. We run a very busy country pub and whenever we go away our customers always ask our opinion and we loved Whitley Hall and would recommend it Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Having stayed before at Whitley I recently returned and took some friends with me. Stayed in room 16 which has a four poster bed and Whirlpool bath. The room was lovely, clean & a good size. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and the staff were very helpful. Noticed they are now providing afternoon tea, looks good. Will be back for Christmas meal, can't wait. This hotel is a must stay !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Only5Starplease
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Stayed here on our way back from York University having failed to find anywhere in York that you could book for a Saturday night only. We got a good deal on their 'romantic weekend' offer as we were upgraded to a delux room as the only standard rooms they had were over the disco for a wedding that was on. Room was nicely set out and comfortable but cold as they had a problem with the heating. If it had been later in the year it might have been a problem but we were lucky with the temperature & the staff seemed to be trying to get it fixed.

Our package included dinner which was very elabrate but lacked substance. I think if I was paying separately for it I would not have considered it value for money. Wine prices were ok.

All in all a nice break on our journey home but I don't think I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2010

myself and my whole family and friends attended whitley hall for my wedding reception we planned to have a 2 course meal and small party in the evening for more friends and work colleagues to attend, and also me and my new husband were staying the night. the food was absolutely disgusting! very salty and that dry the gravy was actually dried onto the plate! the waitress' who were serving the meals had an awful attitude and were very rude telling some of my guests that they couldn't have veg because we had not paid enough money!!! when we definitely had! when we complained to the manager she didn't seem bothered at all, and just offered to give us some free coffee for after our meal! although the hotel room was very nice and breakfast not bad this incident just took the spark out of our wedding day and we were just ready to come home! i will never attend this horrible hotel again! embarrassing wedding reception, all my guests were disgusted and some said they will even be contacting the local media it was that bad! thank you whitley hall for ruining my wedding day!

• Stayed: October 2010
5  Thank bsmith7877
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed as part of a large wedding group. The rooms are excellent, large and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable! Nice touches include a complimentary glass of port. Breakfast was very good and included in the room rate. It was also a good location for the evening reception, although the room (Parker Suite) is a rather odd shape. The reception was very well run.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MyReview186361
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Stayed for 1 night Romantic Package for our wedding anniversary (last year also) We love everything about the hotel, staff all very helpful & friendly, the food both evening meal & breakfast delicious with good choices, rooms on both occasions ( 19 & 40) were a delight huge comfortable beds both very tastefully decorated with comfy chairs & footstools in which to relax with our Pink Sparkling Rose. Cannot wait to return very soon and again in warmer weather to sit outside in lovely grounds with the peacocks roaming around.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2010

have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this was one of the best ,reason being the location,the service,the food ,the room&the staff were excellent, we will be going back . i cant say anymore.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple