“Living Well Spa Review. Stressful Experience.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Essence Spa
South Yorkshire
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Living Well Spa Review. Stressful Experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the living well spa situated at the Hilton yesterday, overall the experience was good. Nice changing rooms, showers, swimming pool excellent and so was the general spa area. Nice family atmosphere as children were attending swimming lessons in a roped off area, unfortunately our visit was marred by a parent letting their boy, of about ten into the ladies changing room whilst they attended to their other child who was, I gather, having a swimming lesson. The boy took it upon himself to wonder around the ladies changing room and he actually went into the showering area. It might not have been such a huge problem if there were more individual cubicles (there are three family cubicles) but the changing area is communal. His presence caused such distress and inconvenience as he wondered about, his mother oblivious to the comments being made and the stress he caused by his presence. One of my group raised the matter with reception, and was told that boys under 8 were allowed in the ladies changing room, no offer was made to rectify the problem. Apparently this wasn't a one off, as two other mothers heard my complaints and said that they had complained twice before to reception and despite this no one had said anything to the parent as the boy was still being allowed access. Overall our group felt restricted in dressing and the feeling of being constantly watched made it almost impossible to get ready for our night out in Sheffield. The ladies changing should have been at least checked when we complained, if it had we would have been able to get ready at our leisure, a perfect end to what should have been a nice relaxing afternoon at the spa, instead some were forced into getting dressed in the ladies toilet. Hilton take note......inspect the changing rooms regularly please, listen to complaints and act upon them promptly.

3 Thank busterandtilley

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spa visiting not brilliant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Recently visited hilton spa. Had facial and massage. If your planning a spa day don't bother there are no areas where you can relax comfortably. We ordered food through the spa which was not at hilton standards and we had to suffer the receptionist at the spa arguing with costa over the price which they got wrong. The facial was really good while the massage was average. My main concern was hours after the massage I was in so much pain with my neck. I spent the next week in agony and on extremely strong pain killers. I would not recommend a visit to the spa.

1 Thank Nicola C