“Snooker Visit”

Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Snooker Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Went to Sheffield for a couple of days to watch the start of the snooker world championships and could not of stayed in a better hotel for location and comfort. First of all you are met by very welcoming and friendly staff at the reception who help you check in. Then when I got to the room I was very pleased they are a nice size and very clean along with very comfortable beds. In the morning you get a very nice breakfast with plenty of choice whether you would like cooked or just fruit,pastries etc.
But for me and above all the best thing this hotel has to offer is its excellent location for any one wishing to mix a stay in Sheffield with the snooker. It is only a couple of minutes walk to the crucible and the TV filming area is just outside the back doors. Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank David E
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. I was delighted to read your feedback and I will ensure the team are aware of it. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a really fun stay...including first entering the building via a fire escape initially and then also a brief ride in a goods lift where we saw a cheif in his whites and some foreign cleaners...all lovely showed us where to go haha. Spa treatments were lovely. Robes are ace and slippers. On the night as it was my birthday we was treated to numerous drinks thanx to bashir. Very welcoming guy. Did his best to see we were looked after. Me and my friend have had a great time.

• Stayed April 2014
doncaster south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here overnight while attending the Cue Ball dinner . From checking in to leaving couldn't fault anything about our stay the staff on reception are polite friendly and greet you with a smile . The serving staff are also polite friendly and very helpful . The food we had was also very good with a good choice at breakfast and hot . The room was large with plenty of space the bed was very comfy but the pillows a little hard for me .The bathroom was also good with a stand alone shower not over the bath lovely . The negative reviews I read about the staff I thought I was in a different hotel no it was the same one and we never encountered any rudeness only smiles . We also did the valet parking very good on check out the car was already outside no waiting around on a busy morning . If need arose to stay in Sheffield again would I stay at this hotel definitely

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked for afternoon tea as a celebration for my friends retirement and to be honest i did'nt find it anything special and i've definitely had better! For a city hotel with a good reputation i would have expected more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Mercure St Paul's Sheffield for afternoon tea. I will investigate your comments and take the appropriate action.
Best Regards
Luisa Esposito
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

stayed recently with a friend whilst up north to see friends. good city center location near to the train station and local restaurants. check in was easy and quickly accomplished and the rooms are great with good views over the city. the bathrooms are clean and functional and the room had a good touch with the nespresso machine.

drinks in the bar were good and served well with a good wine list and some interesting specials. breakfast was well presented and served quickly with a good choice from the breakfast buffet and good staff

pricing was also good and will go back next time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. I was pleased to read your feedback and hope we can welcome you back in teh near future . Best Regards Luisa Esposito
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Booked here as part of a spa package and wasn't disappointed! An absolutley amazing hotel that was faultless. The spa was spotless and the pool a good length to enjoy. The steam rooms were just divine. Dinner was gorgeous and really well presented. Overall an amazing experience and hope to return soon!

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KellyandJames1985
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Spa Break at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and please be assured I will ensure the team are aware of your feedback. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé booked the hotel and spa as a birthday surprise for me. We wanted two massages together on the day of arrival but at the last minute we were messed around by the staff and spa manager. Apparently, there was only time for one of us to have a massage and the other would have to come back the next morning at 10am!
My fiancé had his massage and the masseuse spoke to him constantly but when I went for mine the next morning she barely said two words to me despite the fact I was trying to have a conversation with her.

The double room was beautiful, can't complain.

Staff however we rude and unwelcoming. We went to the restaurant for tea and we had a voucher but the meals that were included were shocking, food we had never even heard of so we ordered off the full menu and had to put over £17 towards it. Portions were small and not at all filling.
Staff seemed to look down their noses at us because we're a young couple and not 'posh' enough for the hotel.

Wouldn't stay again. Staff are rude, food is dismal.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheryl R
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. Please can you contact me directly to allow me to speak to you regarding this. Best Regards Luisa Esposito