“Great room, good value”

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Hampshire, Uk
“Great room, good value”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and I was impressed with the quality of the room, the cleanliness and the friednliness of the staff and literally within walking distance of Sheffield City Centre.

With limited parking so arrive early if you can, although there are plenty of reasonably priced car parks very nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hot on the heels of staying in room 303 for the 2nd time this year at the Hilton Express in Salford Quays, my wife and I checked in at the Premier Inn, Angel St, Sheffield in early Nov 2013.

After parking the car, first impressions of the area were not good with a plethora of "Cash for gold" type and other bargain shops. Right next door to the Premier is a "99p supermarket". After negotiating entry to the hotel via Costa coffee, you arrive at the Reception. The usual top marks associated with Premier Inn apply henceforth. "Here's your key card - Room 303" said the Receptionist. "Aaargh .... this is getting wierd" thought I, after being allocated my 3rd dose of a room 303 in quick succession.

The reason for our Sheffield stay was to join Bryan Ferry for the evening at Sheffield City Hall. After dropping our bag in the room, we ventured beyond the "Quid or less" shops and found that within 5 minutes we had moved into a nicer part of central Sheffield. After a great meal and concert, we returned to the hotel.

We had a good night's sleep and only started to hear bus and other traffic noise about 6.00am. Service and the standard of food at breakfast was up to the usual high standard to be expected at Premier Inn.

A very enjoyable trip and I would stay here again if future concert opportunites arise - even if it is room 303!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stoke
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my parents stayed here for a weekend away from friday 1st nov until sunday 3rd. Inital thoughts were that even though the hotel is central located it is a bit on the outskirts with some seemingly dodgy characters hanging about outside day and night. Check in was smooth and Marie was extremely helpful giving us a map of the city centre and highlighting tram routes and interesting places to see and eat. She even pointed out you can park on the NCP car park next door for 8.50 per 24hrs which the website did not state. Overall I thought the hotel was a bit shabby and old looking in places and had a strong musty smell, especially in the room. The bathroom also had a strange smell and was worn in places with paint flaking etc. Appart from that had a good sleep in a clean comfy bed, only other negative would be we were right on the front outside the busy main road which was noisy with buses and passers by. Would stay again but would request a room not on the front.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for its location as we were attending fright night in the centre of sheffield. We have stayed in this hotel before and found it fab however on this occasion it was slightly disappointing. The room was clean although the bathroom had horrible water marks on the ceiling. The hot water in the basin was scorching and my little boy hurt his hands. The kettle refused to finish boiling on its own and the person above us was moving around a lot during the night and the floor was very noisy. I had to leave the tv on all night to distract me and so went home to nap straight away to catch up on sleep. However, I do have to say that the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was really great!!!! I would return however I wouldn't have the same room. Morning staff were very friendly to us on check out so didn't quite fancy telling them about my lack of sleep. All in all a good hotel and like I say, I would return.

Stayed October 2013
Staffordshire
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel was easy to find, in an ideal location close to the main high street and a stones throw away from bars/restuarants. Had a fab nights sleep and the room was spotlessly clean. Good shower. The hotel has really secure parking inside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
N.Lincs
Reviewed 25 October 2013

After a more than adequate stay at this hotel after we got home we realised that my granddaughter had left a favourite article of clothing. Have tried to contact hotel and customer services but unable to speak to anyone due to automated service or phone not answered.
Email on company feedback has also been ignored.
If anyone else has had problems with this chain how do you contact them?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Harpenden, UK
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for my daughter's graduation. We were able to book two rooms at the price of £29.00 each as we booked it well in advance. I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns, and have stayed in this one once before.

The rooms are up to the Premier Inn standard. You do get a good night's sleep and a good breakfast the next day. The hotel is very well located for the city centre. One thing to note is that you have to park in an NCP car park around the corner. This is not too expensive if you park and do not leave until the next day. However, every time you leave the car park, you have to pay. One good thing is if you take your "chip-coin" for the car pack and put it onto the machine in the Premier Inn reception, it makes the parking half price (£8 for 24 hours).

On the previous occasion we stayed (this year), for simplicity, we decided to eat in the restaurant. When we checked in we asked if this were possible, and was given the impression that it was going to be difficult. In the end, the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, so I do not know why it was trouble. The meal was not brilliant and they got my wife's meal totally wrong once, and the replacement had the salad dressing on it she specifically did not want. So, this time we ate out. Plenty of good places to do this in the city centre. We ate in Las Iganas, which was good.

Overall, a good Premier Inn, but I have my reservations about eating dinner there. Remember to factor the parking charge into the cost.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family