“Just what we needed”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights to attend our son's graduation ceremony. The hotel was just what we needed - conveniently placed for the station, son's flat and City Hall, clean and friendly.
We had a room on the first floor facing the old co-op building. As we don't stay in hotels in the Uk for the view, mainly using them for work conferences, family weddings, funerals etc this did not bother us at all. We only expect a decent view on our summer holiday when relaxing on the balcony with a glass of something nice in the evening is a favourite pursuit. The important thing was that it was quiet. We heard no noise during the night and very little in the morning.

The greeting we received on arrival was friendly and the check in was efficient. All the staff we met were very pleasant. My special thanks to the lady behind reception on Tuesday morning who hunted down a pair of scissors when I discovered I had forgotten to remove the tags from my new outfit.

Our bed was very comfortable. We had a minor issue with one of the wash basin taps which had been turned off so firmly that I could not turn it on again. My husband managed to do it and we then discovered why - it trickled water unless turned off that firmly. Not a big problem but one which might cause difficulty for anyone with even slight arthritis in the fingers. I meant to mention it on check out but it slipped my mind.

The only other issue my husband had was that he felt more towels would have been useful. I didn't find it a problem and I expect we could have asked for more if we had wanted to. Those we had were a decent size and were clean .

We had booked breakfast for both days and thought it value for money. There was a good selection and we even got vegetarian sausages. We did not visit the costa outlet due to our schedule but it was something we would have appreciated in different circumstances.

This wasn't my first stay at a Premier Inn and so far each one I've visited has been more than adequate for what I wanted. I would definitely return to this one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Joanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am please to hear that you have really enjoyed your stay with us at Sheffield city centre premier inn,

I look forward to welcoming you back again,

Many thanks
Leanne Barnes
Reception Team Leader

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have been here several times,staff always great and location spot on. As usual, beds, rooms excellent and good night sleep guaranteed. Staff are always welcoming. Costa coffee have a nice shop in reception with outside seating. Ideal for all Sheffield transport and tram on doorstep.

Room Tip: Car park is maybe a little walk for elderly or disabled, ensure have wheeled luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I look forward to welcoming you back again,

Many thanks
Leanne Barnes
Reception Team Leader

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and I was impressed with the quality of the room, the cleanliness and the friednliness of the staff and literally within walking distance of Sheffield City Centre.

With limited parking so arrive early if you can, although there are plenty of reasonably priced car parks very nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hot on the heels of staying in room 303 for the 2nd time this year at the Hilton Express in Salford Quays, my wife and I checked in at the Premier Inn, Angel St, Sheffield in early Nov 2013.

After parking the car, first impressions of the area were not good with a plethora of "Cash for gold" type and other bargain shops. Right next door to the Premier is a "99p supermarket". After negotiating entry to the hotel via Costa coffee, you arrive at the Reception. The usual top marks associated with Premier Inn apply henceforth. "Here's your key card - Room 303" said the Receptionist. "Aaargh .... this is getting wierd" thought I, after being allocated my 3rd dose of a room 303 in quick succession.

The reason for our Sheffield stay was to join Bryan Ferry for the evening at Sheffield City Hall. After dropping our bag in the room, we ventured beyond the "Quid or less" shops and found that within 5 minutes we had moved into a nicer part of central Sheffield. After a great meal and concert, we returned to the hotel.

We had a good night's sleep and only started to hear bus and other traffic noise about 6.00am. Service and the standard of food at breakfast was up to the usual high standard to be expected at Premier Inn.

A very enjoyable trip and I would stay here again if future concert opportunites arise - even if it is room 303!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my parents stayed here for a weekend away from friday 1st nov until sunday 3rd. Inital thoughts were that even though the hotel is central located it is a bit on the outskirts with some seemingly dodgy characters hanging about outside day and night. Check in was smooth and Marie was extremely helpful giving us a map of the city centre and highlighting tram routes and interesting places to see and eat. She even pointed out you can park on the NCP car park next door for 8.50 per 24hrs which the website did not state. Overall I thought the hotel was a bit shabby and old looking in places and had a strong musty smell, especially in the room. The bathroom also had a strange smell and was worn in places with paint flaking etc. Appart from that had a good sleep in a clean comfy bed, only other negative would be we were right on the front outside the busy main road which was noisy with buses and passers by. Would stay again but would request a room not on the front.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for its location as we were attending fright night in the centre of sheffield. We have stayed in this hotel before and found it fab however on this occasion it was slightly disappointing. The room was clean although the bathroom had horrible water marks on the ceiling. The hot water in the basin was scorching and my little boy hurt his hands. The kettle refused to finish boiling on its own and the person above us was moving around a lot during the night and the floor was very noisy. I had to leave the tv on all night to distract me and so went home to nap straight away to catch up on sleep. However, I do have to say that the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was really great!!!! I would return however I wouldn't have the same room. Morning staff were very friendly to us on check out so didn't quite fancy telling them about my lack of sleep. All in all a good hotel and like I say, I would return.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel was easy to find, in an ideal location close to the main high street and a stones throw away from bars/restuarants. Had a fab nights sleep and the room was spotlessly clean. Good shower. The hotel has really secure parking inside the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple