“Excellent stay”

Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have now stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions and have always had excellent service....the staff are always helpful and friendly especially at breakfast Jean is second to non and a wonderful asset to the hotel. The bedrooms are immaculate and comfortable... With great shopping at meadow hall which is just a short walk away this hotel has a great location .

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I normally stay due to work at Premier inns throughout the UK as they are all a good standard normally. The Premier Inn at Meadowhall was above good. I had been travelling since 8am due to meetings and arrived at the hotel at 8pm, tires and hungrey, the receptionist suggested that I let her take my food order and she would make sure it was ready for me by the time I had dropped off my bags in my room. By the time I had been to my room and returned my starter was on the reserved table !!
Room was very clean and bigger than the normal premier inn's, huge bed!!!
The dining area is bright and clean woth lovely staff, smiling !!!
Breakfast again was good, great service with cheerful staff.
Keep up the good work, this is the second time I have stayed here and will be doing so again.

Room Tip: I choose top floor as you dont get any above room noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for one night with my 2 daughters. We were advised at check in about how warm the rooms were, but I could not quite believe how warm they actually were. I stay in Premier inn's all the time but this was by far the worst night's sleep ever. My 2 girls could not even put pj's on, and they had to sleep on top of the duvet. The thermostat in the room was reading 28oC. Yes 28oC!!!! I checked the thermostat again at about 3 in the morning (you would think it would be quite cool) and it had only gone down to 27.5oC. We have recently come back from Lanzarote, and our room there was not air conditioned but it was no where near as hot as this premier inn room. We had a fan and the window was open but the fan was just annoying as it was noisy but we had to keep it on all night. The hotel reception said I could have a sheet, and another fan!!! Seriously, they need to consider air conditioning.
Apart from this, the hotel is everything you would expect from a premier inn.

1  Thank CS911
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my sister and 6 year old niece during a shopping trip to Meadowhall. The hotel is really conveniently located for the shopping centre and is easy to get to. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was immaculate and breakfast was good with plenty of options. Even my niece who is a very fussy eater was able to find something she liked. I have stayed here before and would definitely come back. However, I would be very cautious about booking a room during hot weather as there is no air-conditioning and although a fan was provided, the room was very hot (not less than 28° all night) which made for an uncomfortable nights 'sleep'.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been visiting the Premier Inn at Meadowhall on a regular basis for the past five years, often staying for a week at a time, and I would like to congratulate everyone there for their excellent service. The staff are always very welcoming and helpful, and the rooms are always very clean. I must also mention the ever cheerful Christine who has been serving wonderful breakfasts for the past ten years now, and the night reception staff who are very reassuring with their quietly confident control of the hotel outside normal working hours. The location is great for access to Meadowhall, being just off the M1 at the entrance to North Sheffield. There is a slight issue about noise, because some visitors to the hotel tend to leave very early in the morning, you can also hear the trains go past at 6.15am, and the traffic on the road outside builds up quite quickly from 7am onwards. However the hotel's double glazing is very good, and most people don't seem too worried about those points. Overall, this is a really nice hotel which is run most efficiently by the staff for the benefit of both families and business people alike. Well Done to Joanne and all the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room some distance from the lifts, so that you reduce your exposure to noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank AlanAbbott48
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed for a long weekend to celebrate a family birthday. Used as a base. Very comfortable, clean & spacious room. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We booked several months in advance and got a very good price. Food selection is good, nice choice of bar drinks. Would definitely recommend and will be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suejd
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely fantastic for the price we paid. The location is ideal and very easy to find plus there is lots of easy, free parking. The hotel was very peaceful and quiet which was unexpected given how close it is to the busy Meadowhall centre. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and the room was clean and cosy. The only small problem was that 2 of the 3 vending machines in reception were out of order. Other than that it was a fantastic value stay and I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013