“Nearly excellent”

Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Lincolnshire
“Nearly excellent”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Everything is very good here. The standard of the room is high. The bathroom is of a high standard with a very strong power shower. (In fact, you have to take care to set the temperature before you get in otherwise you could get a bad scalding!) The restaurant food and service is excellent as are the reception staff. So, where could they improve things? Well, the room doesn't have air conditioning. This means that the room could get warm and very stuffy easily. One can open a window very easily but then there is the problem of noise especially from a generator (or compressor) at the back of the hotel. That is what spoiled it, unfortunately. It is ironic that the hotel management have put up posters about keeping the noise down and then they instal a noisy compressor right below the windows of the bedrooms!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff here are its selling point both in the restaurant and at reception. They could not do enough for our party which ranged from 3 years old to 93 years old.
The inn was not perfect, it does not have air con but the staff tried with fans and bottles of water, although it was not that hot. The doors into the bathroom were stiff but on the whole comfortable.
The food and service in the restaurant were excellent.
Would have no hesitation in staying there again

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with disabled facilities which seemed adequate. The bathroom doors in both rooms...
1 Thank tyrtns
Rachel D, General Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us this month, I am pleased to hear that the staff made a lasting impression on your party, and I will ensure they are made aware of your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Meadowhall Premier Inn in the future.

Thanks

Ironbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting friends in August . We were pleasantly surprised how close it is to Meadowhall shopping centre. A clue in the name I suspect ! The staff were great and very very helpful . There was a problem with a lack of air conditioning but we had no reason to complain . Fans and iced water were supplied as well as instructions/tips in rooms. It's a large hotel but run very well . The adjoining restaurant was great also . Clean efficient and welcoming - all you could wish for .
We would have no hesitation in staying again .

Room Tip: We had a room on top floor - there are lifts . Can be noisy but double glazing helps
1 Thank Shannon1711
Hi Shannon,

Thankyou for taking the time to review you stay with us at Meadowhall Premier Inn.

I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly. I will ensure you comments are passed on to our Hotel and Reception Team. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated by our guests.

I hope you enjoyed your shopping at Meadowhall and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at this Premier Inn for the first time last night - extremely friendly staff and usual Premier Inn standards. Only draw back is the lack of air conditioning, which is essential, as due to it's location you need to keep the windows shut because of traffic noise. Having said this the insulation was very effective and little could be heard once the windows were closed. Not sure I would want to stay here in warm weather! Great location for access to the motorway though.

1 Thank DeborahO504
Rachel D, General Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Hi Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to review Meadowhall Premier Inn. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the team friendly.

I am sure if you have read some of the other reviews you will be aware that we are doing everything we can to keep the rooms here cool during the summer months, and I am glad to hear that it did not effect your stay on this occasion.

I will pass your comments on to our team and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in a family room, and an accessible room, but the bathroom facilities were not brilliant. Our stay was ruined by the fact that my disabled brother was stuck in the bath, unable to call for help for over 10 hours. Luckily, we had arranged to wake him up at 8am and he was able to alert us. It was a traumatic experience for us all, and we will choose other establishments as a result.

1 Thank Carlifer101
Rachel D, General Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi,

Following on from our telephone conversation earlier today please accept my sincere apologies regarding you brothers stay with us here at Meadowhall.

As discussed other Premier Inn Hotels within Sheffield do have wet room facilities which may be more suitable for you brother. If staying in Sheffield in the future please do not hesitate to contact me prior to booking and I am more than happy to advise of suitable alternatives for you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Last Premier Inn I stayed in had air con so didn't even think about it but this hotel must suck in heat as was at least 10degrees hotter than outside. Myself, husband and 2 small children got no sleep as had to have window open and still too hot and very noisy. The hotel itself is nice, staff lovely just shame it ruined our day out today as we were so ridiculously tired. Reception staff did apologise when I said we didn't sleep due to heat. There was a fan but really air con needs to be a priority at this hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Rachel D, General Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your family were not comfortable during the evening due to the heat.

As mentioned in previous responses we do have particular standards in place during hot weather periods to try and compensate for the fact the hotel does not have Air Conditioning installed. Extra fans, sheets (to replace your duvet) and iced water are avalible from Reception on request 24 hours a day. I do hope that Reception informed you of this on your arrival.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your day out following your stay, but do hope that it will not discourage you from staying at Premier Inn's in the future. If you ever return to Sheffield I would be more than happy to assist in finding you a suitable Premier Inn with Air Conditioning.

Kind Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I really enjoyed the stay at Premier Inn, the staff on reception were very friendly. The T.V in my room did not work and once I called reception the porter came and offered me another room without hesitation. Was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Overall very impressed, full marks from me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Rachel D, General Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Meadowhall Premier Inn.

I am pleased to here that you were happy with the service you recieved and the cleanliness of your room. I will ensure your comments are passed on to our Housekeeping Team. It always gives the team here a boost when they hear their hardwork is appreciated by our guests.