“Business trip”

Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Business trip”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I needed somewhere to stay in the Chapeltown area of Sheffield , as I required an early morning start. I booked the Premier Inn at the last minute.
Pleasantly supprised with the whole experience, a warm welcome, nice clean room,
excellent value for money, nothing to dislike. I would not hesitate to recommend and I would definateley stay again if I was in the area and needed overnight accomodation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ThomasWilkins, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield/Barnsley (M1 Jct36) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thankyou for your review with us here at Sheffield Barnsley. i am pleased even at last minute you found the whole experience from booking to check out a pleasant one. I will pass your feedback onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future, Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hampshire
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for one night. Friendly welcome on arrival, efficient check in and a comfortable stay. Some reviews have mentioned noise from the nearby road but we found it quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. Would recommend avoiding breakfasting at Tayburns - the cooked breakfast wasn't great - low quality food and a bit greasy, so consequently not great value for money. There's a drive-thru Macdonalds just across the road - that would be a better bet!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ThomasWilkins, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield/Barnsley (M1 Jct36) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Good Evening, Thankyou for your review in regards to noise we have recently had new windows installed which has helped to dampen any potential issues here highlighted in previous reviews. I shall pass your review of Taybarns onto the restaurant manager, so this does not happen again. Finally I am pleased you found the staff accomodating throughout your stay and I will pass this on to them. Warm Regards
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Excellent Hotel, the staff throughout the hotel are polite, friendly & very helpful. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard & the bed was extremely comfortable. The Taybarns restaurant linked to the hotel is also highly re- commended, we had the buffet dinner & breakfast. Both were amazing & fantastic value for money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening, I am please to read your kind words regarding your stay with us here at Sheffield Barnsley Premier Inn. Myself and the team pride ourselves in delivering brilliant service and are please we did so to yourself on your visiti to us. I will pass your special comments regarding the rooms and Taybarns onto the housekeeping and restaurant manager. Kind Regards
Hull East Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great location we was at a concert at the academy which was round the corner.very comfortable bed double room was massive.total black out blinds which is perfect for lie in! Great value for price too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ThomasWilkins, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield/Barnsley (M1 Jct36) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Good Morning, thankyou for your kind review. We are pleased here at Premier Inn you enjyed your short stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield Premier Inn in the future, Kind Regards Tom.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time on an overnight visit with my son. The place was welcoming and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was like new and was very comfortable. It does help being next to a Taybarns restaurant which we used for breakfast and dinner, the Premier Inn staff also made us reservations for meals here. I've got to say I travel a lot and this is by far the best experience of a travel hotel I have ever had.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ThomasWilkins, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield/Barnsley (M1 Jct36) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Good Morning, Thankyou for your kind review about the hotel and the team here at Sheffield/ Barnsley, I am pleased you found this to be one of the best hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back with us again here. I will also pass on your kind words to the Taybarns management. Thanks again.
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night to attend a wedding reception nearby. The rooms were spotlessly clean, and offered everything for a comfortable nights sleep. Took breakfast in the attached restaurant which was excellent. Would not hesitate to return, if the need arose.

Stayed December 2013
ThomasWilkins, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield/Barnsley (M1 Jct36) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheffield / Barnsley Premier Inn - we take pride in the rooms and service at our hotel and I will pass your comments onto the housekeeping team to reassure them of this, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Premier Inn, kind regards
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in January on business.

The price I booked in advance was very reasonable, I'm not normally that lucky when booking Premier Inns. The hotel is well located, just a short drive from M1. The hotel has a Taybarn restaurant next to it, a MacDonalds restaurant opposite and a Service Station opposite too.

The staff are always pretty friendly at Premier Inns I have stayed at and at this one too.

I was given a room on the 1st floor and was pleased with the room as it was modern and very clean with all the usual minimum offerings from a Premier Inn, 2 tea bags/day, 2 sachets of sugar etc., but you can always ask for more.

During my stay I would like to highlight how well my room was maintained during my stay - the chambermaid who kept my room whoever he/she is did a great job.

The restaurant next to the hotel is very cheap and offers and all-you-can-eat buffet style for a set price. The place is very popular and you will be hard pushed to find a more reasonably priced restaurant although by night 3 I was a bit bored with exactly the same selection.

The internet was unavailable for 1-2 days of my stay and I'm beginning to think I am jinxed with internet access in hotels as it always goes down when I stay at a hotel, but it was rectified in the end and worked well.

I had a peaceful week here and would definitely stay again when next in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor would be quieter