“Just suberb again”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Try the Venison pie it is simply fantastic the meals are just as good as you can get but remember to book

There are newer reviews for The Swan

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I love the home made rabbit pies and home made chips from here it's gorgus. It's got a friendly feeling, the staff go the extra mile to make ur meals the best you've Eva had. I will be return very soon as it's the best pub in this area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This pub has remained on my Favourites list for a long time, where others have been crossed off. Food at The Swan has been the same for years, it's tasty and home cooked and I hope nothing changes. The decor has been freshened up recently but it remains a traditional and proper pub. With a bottle of Henderson's on every table, a good sign of a decent pub that serves great pies. Last week they had game on the menu so we had Game pie and old favourite Minced Beef & Onion; Rabbit and Pheasant Pie were also on the menu. Full of tasty meat.
Love the home cooked chips, one of the reasons we visit regularly. We come here for the comfort a good pub meal, a good pint and a relaxed atmosphere. Long live The Swan.

2  Thank BeanBoris
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We went for our tea on a thursday evening, arriving at about half past 6 to find it very busy, we found a table and stated to look at the menu, I came across home made rabbit pie, something I hadnt had for years, it came in a large dish with chips and peas, the pie was full of succulent rabbit with a short crust pastry and was gorgeous, my wife had the meat and potato pie which was just as good, washed down with a pint of Gravedigger, it was a most enjoyable evening, The staff were very friendly and a credit to the pub

1  Thank Swlucas
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my husband for tea. Lovely pub, very cosy with friendly staff. My husband had the homemade steak and mushroom pie, served with homemade chips and mushy peas. I had the mixed grill. The meat was really tender and cooked to perfection. This was accompanied with homemade chips, egg, mushrooms, salad, onion rings and peas. I also ordered the peppercorn sauce which personally I did think was a little bland even though very peppery, but still, I really enjoyed my meal. I finished my meal off with a huge chocolate chip sundae, yeah I know you think whaaat!! after a mammoth mixed grill, but I was off to do a night shift and I need the energy!!
My husband settled for the apple pie and custard again homemade to perfection.
All in all a really nice place and highly recommended. Thanks to all.

1  Thank Entertainer10