“Russian Evening”

Cossack Cuisine
Ranked #76 of 1,606 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food with a Russian accent Fresh Russian food served in Sheffield area as Gourmet Nights, Pop-Up Restaurant & as StreetFood, personal chef & Farmers Markets
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had a few friends round for a Russian themed evening as I wanted to try something different, and I had never tasted Russian cuisine before. I contacted Cossack Cuisine and they worked out a menu for me, including wine and of course vodka. Wow, what a night! They created an amazing banquet for us. We began with beetroot soup and the wonderful St Petersburg pie, caviar rolls, fishcakes,pork and apricots,and honeycake followed. Leeza talked us through every course and explained the origins of each dish. Leeza and Steve are professional,talented,and creative. ( they even brought along their beautiful Russian teapot for us) Delighted that they have now opened up their cafe in Sheffield.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I came across this place a couple of weeks ago on my lunch break, and have been several times since. On offer is a variety of baked goods, both savoury and sweet, which get rotated regularly, so there has always been something new for me to try.

What I have had so far has uniformly been excellent. Of special note are the potato wedges, creamy beef stew and the honey cake. The wedges in particular are some of the best that I have tried. The staff are also very friendly and welcoming, and are always eager to hear whatever feedback you may have for them.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank MrMr1989
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Have eaten her a couple of times when out shopping, cafe style food is always excellent, all home baked and the staff are friendly and helpful, I have also had a couple of delicious cakes from them for Birthdays etc. Would recomend highly

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Popped into the markets feeling a bit peckish and stumbled across this little gem. Highly recommended, really authentic as well, I can remember all the tastes one week later, ask for the Russian malt beer as well, I even got a free top up. Don't forget the wonderful breads as well, superb !!! They will keep for a week and so good for you as well.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Thanks so much to Steve and Leeza for bringing the delights of Russian cuisine to Sheffield.
We first tasted the cuisine when the new Moor Market opened and we have never looked back since.

World class customer service with food that is to die for.. things can only get bigger and better.
Particularly recommend the Lodka, wedges (BEST in Sheffield and possibly, the best we've ever tasted in 30 years of filling our tums), Chorizo pie (Try with Chicken gravy - delicious!).

We always visit from now on.. we are never disappointed.