“Delectable Delights”

Cossack Cuisine
Ranked #76 of 1,608 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food with a Russian accent Fresh Russian food served in Sheffield area as Gourmet Nights, Pop-Up Restaurant & as StreetFood, personal chef & Farmers Markets
Reviewed 22 February 2015

We visited this stall today at a Farmers Market in our local area. We couldn't help stopping by as we saw the tempting goodies on offer, including lovely looking pies. After eating a sample of the Russian honey cake which was homemade, we just had to buy a slice. It tasted extremely delicious and we can't wait for them to come again to our local market!

2  Thank lynseysana

Reviewed 7 February 2015

Just been to Stone Farmers Market in Staffordshire and found these wonderful pies on a stall at the end of the High Street. The Chicken and Chirizo one is packed with loads of meat and has a wonderful design on the pastry.
I would highly recommend buying lots of these, unfortunately I didn't, so am hoping they come back next month to the Farmers Market so I can stock up for the month.
Thank you for coming to the market to inspire me with your Russian twist on a pie.

Reviewed 7 February 2015

OMG I have just visited Stone Farmers Market where I came across Steve from Cossack Cuisine
I looked at his wares and said let me find a cash point and I'll be back ...........
30 minutes later having browsed the rest of the market I returned to his stall to be met with a your back then.
Fortunately or maybe unfortunately I am on a diet so only purchased 1 mushroom & Mascarpone and one chicken and chorizio pie / pastry not for me of course :-)
On returning home I have cut a small piece from each of them .... Well it would be rude not to popped them in the oven for 15 minutes and poured my self a cheeky glass of red.......sorry I know its Russian but no vodka, and settled down for my snack............................
Well all I can say is they where both absolutely delicious and thank goodness you only visit Stone once a month my diet would be well and truly over.
All I can say Steve is I'll be back and YNWA from a red to a blue.
Posh Scouse :-)

Reviewed 6 February 2015

This Kossack chow is so delish,
With sausages and bread and fish
That seem to come from Heaven itself
Where angels pile them on the shelf.

But best of all the things they bake
Is their exquisite honey-cake
Whose butter-cream sings hymns of bliss
And greets your palate with a kiss.

This well-fed fan is Aussie John,
Who's nibbling on a Cossack scone
Bought from a Buxton market stall
Where sighs of pleasure fill the hall.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 13 January 2015

Leeza and Steve prepared a fine buffet for us - absolutely yummy. I wasn't sure that I would like Herring in a "Fur Coat" - traditional layered Russian salad of beetroot, carrot, egg with red onions and lightly salted herring (Shuba) but it was delicious. So was the toasted Borodinsky Bread it was served with. We also enjoyed Cod Fish Cakes (Kotlety Iz Treski) with Egg & Watercress Salad (Yaichniy Salat) and hot Creamy Chicken & Mushroom with spicy sausage (Zapekanka) . Not to mention the Chocolate Rum Treats served with fresh liqueur cream.
Very reasonably priced and I can't wait to try some more of Leeza's food.

сCпасибо!