“Comfortable, Value for money, very helpful and safe stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, Value for money, very helpful and safe stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I am woman professional and had booked my stay at travelodge. I had read previous reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel but was apprehensive. I arrived on Sunday night and got a warm wlecome from a lovely young girl Katheryn. I am suffering from back problem and she was very helpful and helped me to my room with my luggage. Her warm friendly welcome on behalf of hotel staff and service was great. I had booked for whole week and everyday as I came back from work room was clean. I had felt safe and staff were very helpful. I have got work again next week and am booking myself again on same hotel as I was very satisfied. I hope this week they are similar in service and comfort.Food I ate nearly every night in the hotel and was ok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pr0fessi0nal2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had an excellent stay, the room was very clean, spacious, the bed very comfortable, the hotel in general was clean and welcoming. Excellent value for the money and the staff were very helpful. Would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mid Calder, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a modernised, freshly updated Travelodge near the city centre. It is standard Travelodge offering, but stunning value. On site parking for £7.50 for 24 hrs is convenient. Breakfast was fine. Some signs of hard use - broken lift call button and detached toilet seat slightly detracted from what is one of the best Travelodges I have used. £28 was ridiculously good value.

Room Tip: A bit of street noise so go or higher floors if possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a few friends for a night away in Sheffield, The location of the hotel is great with a short walk to every think you need, The hotel is around the back of the market so the noisy is low its like a back street but very safe. The hotel staff was out standing and the quality of the service and the rooms is out standing. The price of the hotel is very cheap as well a great bargain. I will stay at this hotel more if I travel to Sheffield.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Langport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

On a positive note the bed was comfortable. However, there was only one towel in the bathroom and no phone for reception. A long trip from the top floor. Breakfast had very little choice and was stone cold. There was no car park, except for a £14 per day multi storey, although a voucher for £7 per day was given.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Services at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
It is great to hear that you found our new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ bed to be comfortable FriendlyDakota. We are very sorry however that other aspects of your stay were less enjoyable. We would expect all rooms to be set up correctly ready for guests to check in, we would like to apologise that you did not find this to be the case during your stay. Our bar café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard and ensure all breakfast items are readily available for our customers. We will ensure our hotel management team are made aware of your feedback.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Well presented reception, room in excellent clean condition (I understand it has recently been refurbished), brand new specially made mattresses very very comfy. The presentation of the room and bathroom were excellent. The corridors were clean too.

The restaurant was part of the reception and was also in good, clean condition.

The issues I noticed, people have removed the letters on the lift lobby, which makes it look slightly shabby.

The breakfast the toast is very thin bread which you have to feed yourself through a bizarre toaster which doesn't necessarily toast the first, second or third time and if it falls wrong you have to put your hands under this thing to get the bread back.

One of the most bizarre problems was the new units in the bedroom, the tv was fixed to them and fixed right next to the wardrobe as a result if you sit in bed and watch the tv a quarter of the screen is hidden by the wardrobe, obviously it wasn't looked at before all the rooms were refurbished, some of the tv channels had snow.

The windows did not keep out the noise of the traffic going round the Park Square roundabout, in fact I checked the window a few times as I thought I must have not closed it properly luckily I carry earplugs.

Overall these slight issues do not take away this hotel has been refurbished excellently and the money spent on the new mattresses is well worth it and I would recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Park Square if you don't want traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dorchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Just spent 2 nights in the Sheffield Central to attend a party in the city and i will avoid Travelodges from now on.
We booked our room back in August, but having read some of the reviews I was quite concerned that we would arrive and be told 'no room at the inn' That actually would have been better than the origional room we were given. Having driven in excess of 3 hours on a Friday night, tired and just wanting to relax our room was like a crime scene. Terrible smell, no bedding or curtains. no bulb in the bathroom light and.....wait for it, what looked like blood up the wall and on the ceiling!!

We were swiftly moved to another room, which was ok. Bathroom was a bit grubby, mould on shower ceiling but fine with what we had paid.

When speaking to a member of staff on Saturday morning we were told our orgional room should never have been on the system to be given to guests??? Hazard tape across the door would have been a good option!!

We were in Sheffield to attend a party, and chose the Central due to its close proximity to the venue, as did a number of friends, whom on arrival after travelling a fair distance were told that the hotel was full and they were being placed in a hotel about 1 mile away! Not great Travelodge!!

I have no complaint with the reception staff who were helpful and courteous throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the Ibis across the road!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We are sorry to learn of your recent disappointment Noodle1975. We expect our rooms to be clean and fresh with all working facilities and it would appear your first room was allocated in error. It is unfortunate that due to having unexpected take up of arrivals at the hotel your friends were relocated on this occasion. Our hotel staff are trained in how to deal with such situations and will always try to reduce the impact on the customer by finding suitable alternative accommodation as close by the hotel as possible and we will cover any additional travel expenses. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel management team so that they are able to address the issues you have raised with our hotel team.