“A pretty darn good stay for 12 drunk girlies”

Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had a triple room but upon closer inspection found it to be a quad as there was another single hiding under the double bed. My friend had the sofa bed which was comfy as was our double. Lots of space for luggage etc. shower good, however no complimentary shower gel provided which was annoying as I had forgot mine. 5 min taxi ride onto town and plenty of taxis. Parking next door very expensive £14 for 24 hours which is a lot for travelodge. We carried on our partying in the bar downstairs at 3am which was handy. Check out is 12pm thank God. All in all a great stay considering we paid 35 per room. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This Travelodge is one of the best I've stayed in. It has been recently refurbished, is very central for the city centre & is extremely comfortable. The staff are excellent - very pleasant & helpful. There is a multi-storey car park next door, which is significantly discounted, makes it a very convenient place to stay on the very edge of the city centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Wonderful experience, perfectly good budget option for a cheeky night out in Sheffield. Kathrine on reception was particularly friendly and helpful. My only issue is not being able to blag any free stuff, in spite of my ample charm. Other than that minor disappointment, I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay in Travelodge Sheff. Pow

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Very good service, very friendly and were particularly helpful in directing me around Sheffield and accommodating my needs.

Katherine at reception was particularly helpful and polite.
Everyone went out of their way to ensure my stay was comfortable
The cooked breakfast was excellent and reasonable value
The hotel is very well situated for the City Central. Walking distance to all the main shops

Parking is not cheap and I feel should have been expressed as part of the overall cost. I would prefer an inclusive charge as it is more open & honest. However, the cost of parking in the rest of Sheffield was twice as much.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here Wednesday 29th January and I have to say I was impressed. On arrival it was the quickest check in ever, the room was clean, tidy and spacious. I had one of the best nights sleep I have had for some time - doesn't happen often. The staff are friendly and polite. Travel Lodges "new look" certainly works in the budget hotel market and I hope they roll it out over all of their sites. Wifi is a bit steep at £10 but its a choice and at the price I paid for the room it not a major issue really. Well done travel lodge.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and put on the sixth room and was fine, however I always take ear plugs in...
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Overall good service with outstanding customer services. However parking is not cheap. Close to city center, so getting around us easy. Cannot fault hotel in any way. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I am woman professional and had booked my stay at travelodge. I had read previous reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel but was apprehensive. I arrived on Sunday night and got a warm wlecome from a lovely young girl Katheryn. I am suffering from back problem and she was very helpful and helped me to my room with my luggage. Her warm friendly welcome on behalf of hotel staff and service was great. I had booked for whole week and everyday as I came back from work room was clean. I had felt safe and staff were very helpful. I have got work again next week and am booking myself again on same hotel as I was very satisfied. I hope this week they are similar in service and comfort.Food I ate nearly every night in the hotel and was ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo