“Perfect city centre location”
Review of Leopold Hotel

Leopold Hotel
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Manchester
“Perfect city centre location”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here at the end if September as we were seeing a comedian at the Motorpoint. The hotel is perfectly located in the city centre, with Leopold Square just behind. The hotel is stunning and the staff were really helpful. The room, we felt, was a little small considering how much we paid. That said, the room was nice and clean. We were initially a little worried as our room backed onto Leopold Square so we thought noise would keep us up (we have a 6month son so were looking forward to a full nights sleep!) but you don't hear anything. We didn't have breakfast or drink/dine in the bar so cannot comment on those. We thought the cost for breakfast was high considering how much we had paid for the room (we thought it would have been included). We would stay here again, and I would recommend the Leopold to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review following your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Michael Skehan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Essex
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

With a daughter at university in Sheffield, we have stayed in several city centre hotels and this is definitely our favourite and the one we always stay in now. The staff are helpful, efficient and friendly. The cheapest rooms are a reasonable size and well appointed, although some of them can be a bit dark, without a lot of natural light, but that doesn't seem to be a priority in hotel rooms generally and seems to have been the case in most of the hotels we have stayed in Sheffield. It can be noisy in the centre especially during freshers week and the Brazilian night at the restaurant next door was a little noisy on a Saturday, but on mentioning this the staff made a note that in future we would prefer to be the other side of the hotel from that. The fact the hotel is so central and you can walk out to masses of restaurants and shops more than makes up for that. There is no parking on site, but the hotel have allocated spaces in a local car park a short walk away, which we've always found works well and you can stop right outside the hotel to drop bags. Sheffield is a great city with loads to do and the Leopold is a great location to enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MrCtag
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel was booked for us by friends as somewhere to stay following our evening out. From the minute we arrived everything was first class. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. When I requested more tea and milk it was brought to us within 5 minutes, nothing was too much trouble. The room was stunning, a mezzanine with a spiral staircase....beautiful. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet and the hotel just gorgeous. Our whole experience at The Leopold was first class and we will definitely be staying again in the near future. Well done!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you had a great stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.I chose this to have my wedding at in July 2012 and it was perfect.staff very friendly and the mezzanine suite was very clean,spacious with a comfortable bed.Will be staying again definitely.Me and my wife were very pleased and grateful to the staff for the effort they put in on our big day.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and kind words following your wedding during the summer. We are all delighted that you had such a great day with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My first impression of the hotel was great, with very helpful, knowledgeable reception staff. The double room was a reasonable size, newly decorated and pleasant. I liked the character of the building with some of the original wood panelling etc still in place. This is much nicer than staying in an identikit place. I slept really well with no issues with noise or disturbance of any kind.

Now the bad news - breakfast. The food was fine but the service was abysmal. I stayed on a Saturday night, when I believe the hotel was fully booked. So, as you would expect, most people went for a fairly late breakfast. There were queues to get a table. The staff took ages to take your order, then only fulfilled it in dribs and drabs, with the cooked breakfast taking over 30 mins to arrive. They gave me coffee with no cup. When I asked for a cup, I got a cup with no saucer. Toast arrived, with no butter. You get the picture.

When I left, I overheard other guests having a dispute with the front desk over payment for breakfast. I don't blame them. As no-one checked my room number, or gave me any form of bill, I, and the rest of my party actually were never charged. Normally I would point this out, but in this case I decided the service I got didn't actually deserve recompense.

It is such a shame. Otherwise it was a really lovely stay. I would be happy to recommend it, but suggest you dine out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and comments on your stay. I am sorry that you experienced issues at breakfast during your stay, we have since made changes and I am sure that on your next stay you will notice a difference.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We discovered this hotel through the Talbott in Chicago and were very happy with the referral. Centrally located in a former school the mezzanine room was really nice. The staff was competent and helpful; and their recommendations "spot on." We'd gladly spend more time at the Hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you had such a great stay with us. I do hope that when you are next in Sheffield we get the opportunity to welcome you back.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a lovely hotel, ideal if you plan to visit the cocktail bars and restaurants of Leopold Square or the nearby West Street.
The staff on reception were extremely professional and friendly and really made our stay pleasurable. Nothing was too much trouble. Sadly we didnt visit the hotel bar as we had dinner plans elsewhere so I can't comment on the service or food but it looked very well put together.

The room itself was spacious and very well decorated. The bed was especially comfy.

Overall I would definitely recommend thsi hotel for anyone wanting a stylish overnight stay. I shall be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.