“Excellent Hotel, strongly recommended”
Review of Leopold Hotel

Leopold Hotel
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Its the second time we stayed here and, believe me or not, when I have to stay in Sheffield in the future, I will always go to this great place. Service levels and attention are really good!!!
My wife was standing with 2 big suitcases in the lobby while I brought my car to the nice parking, the lady at reception, just helped her to bring the suitcases in the room. Spontaneously!
At breakfast a great Spanish crew served us. Attention level for service was remarkably high.

a tip: do not book via bookings.com, just contact the hotel directly. Great prices.

Lou Schreurs

Room Tip: not needed... -:)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel in Sheffield. I am delighted that you had a great stay and the team looked after you so well during your time with us. I do hope we get to welcome you back soon to the Hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently visited Sheffield to view a university exhibition. Having stayed in 3 other hotels in Sheffield this is definitely my favourite. It is very individual and very central. The staff were very friendly, especially the Spanish bar lady/ breakfast waitress. The dining room was plenty big enough for breakfast and it was a really good breakfast . No complaints apart from feeling slightly rushed with check in .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and comments following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted to read that we are your favourite hotel in Sheffield and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for a night when visiting sheffield for a concert. There was nothing to dislike about the Leopold, great staff, good location and an excellent room (134, a suite). It was the little touches that made our stay memorable, such as the courtesy call just after checking in to ask if the room was alright and one of the staff must have gone to get the chocolates I had asked for as surprise for my wife. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay so much and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I arrived at the hotel and checked in, they told me that they had given me a complimentary upgrade to a suite! This was a very pleasant surprise. Unfortunately I was travelling on business without my husband so didn't have him with me to enjoy the room, but I was still really happy! It was just a small suite but it was a novelty that the bedroom area was upstairs, and the bed was huuuge. Chocolates on the pillows too! The hotel is located in a pretty good location with plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel's bar was nice but was very full with two large parties going to dinner. The bed itself was pretty hard for my liking, and also there was some noise during the night from late-arriving revellers, but otherwise I was really happy with my stay. The staff were also incredibly helpful and polite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel in Sheffield. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and complimentary upgrade. I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely clean hotel, staff very very helpful nothing was too much trouble. Only real complaint was that the shower cubicle was a little tight to get into. We had a great meal in the restaurant service was great and then room service for breakfast also very good. Ideally situated for city centre and in a lovely square where we sat in the sunshine listening to live music.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and feedback following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a great stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Sheffield.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were 20 people staying at the Leopold for the weekend. This is a very mixed review as our room was great, plenty of room in it and spotlessly clean. However, the dining room is far too small for a hotel of this size. We needed to queue for a table at breakfast. The staff were friendly, but not all of them were efficient. They had run out of Servignon Blank wine. When we asked for toast at breakfast it was brought and dumped on the table. We then needed to ask for butter and milk. I had pre ordered a steak last night but was not asked how I would like it cooked. According to a brochure I picked up, this hotel is one of the small Hotels of the World. It needs to be a bit more polished service wise, but all in all it is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose a mezzanine room as you will need to go down a winding staircase in the middle of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback following your stay with us recently. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly use your comments to enhance our service further. I do hope that we get to welcome you back again soon to the Leopold Hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good service. Nice room. Those at the back are quieter I believe. Location very good for center of Sheffield - pubs, bars and restaurants all within a couple of minutes walk. Took about 7 minutes to walk there from the station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Leopold Hotel following your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and we do hope to welcome you back soon.