“So far so good!”
Review of Leopold Hotel

Leopold Hotel
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Arrived here yesterday! Amazingly helpful and polite check in staff, very clean rooms/public areas (if slightly dated) draft beer in the bar is crisp fresh and lively (so many hotels neglect to look after their beers) snacks served foc at your table (crisps, olives etc) lovely breakfast (full English can't comment on the continental) I'm being a bit ahead of myself as have another night here but bet the feeling it'll be just fine!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review and feedback during your stay with us. I certainly do hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Leopold Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My partner and I booked in at this hotel last minute Bank holiday Monday, and were SO glad we did! I do quality assessments for hotels so my standards are high and I look for faults. The suite we had room 117 was spotless,the extras were plentiful ie:- sewing kit,gowns,slippers,coffee machine,ipod player,2 televisions,sky movie package etc. etc. included in a very reasonable price. We ordered food,evening meal and breakfast,which were plentiful and delicious, and drink which was promptly delivered. The staff from reception to housekeeping were polite and extremely helpful and accomodating. they had a "can do" approach which was refreshing and much appreciated.After our evening out we ordered a night cap from the bar to be brought to our room and the receptionist remembered what our room no. was! The bed was big and comfortable,the bathroom had bath and shower and was modern and well stocked with gorgeous smelling toiletries.
Hard as I tried,because of my profession,I honestly could not find fault,we will be recommending this Hotel and going back very soon!
Well done the management AND team,including those that deliver the service who guests rarely see. The delivery of service is faultless.

Room Tip: We chose a suite with lounge etc. downstairs and seperate bedroom upstairs,perfect and plenty of spa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and comments following your stay with us recently. I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how well all the team looked after you. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this on the Monday and got a great deal and stayed from Thursday - Monday over bank holiday.
Hotel was in a perfect location to explore.
The girls on the desk was amazing, they recommended hair salon and spa before we arrived when I had emailed them ....

There was a few thing wrong with the room, which I left a note for. Even though they said they would sort they didn't however we was offered a change of room but as they was things that I deemed not an issue I was just informing them of issues ... Plugs didn't fit in the sockets, door handle on bathroom coming off and paint smell so please leave the window open ...

The Letter that was left in response was offering a change of room but it was not worth it really.

As it was bank holiday there was a salsa class from a nearby restuarant and it was Loud and vibrant which we loved.

Great food for the breakfast and always room for us and waiters always on it from arrival to us leaving.

Love the pictures and how the hotel is very personal to the old school and a hotel with the personal feel.

Would go again most defo.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura T
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and feedback following your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you overall had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your helpful points on your room. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we get to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having become tired of main brands, we tried this hotel to visit sheffield, and found it to be an ideal base, right in the centre. Drop of spot to unload car, then park at nearby multi storey, £7 a day, no problem. Helpful staff, nice rooms, comfy bed, TV's need an upgrade, but that's picky!
Continental breakfast in on the price of the room, pay only a £5 for a full menu, looked lovely, cooked fresh to order, but didn't need one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind words following your stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. The individual nature of the property and the quirkiness of the hotel certainly does make it a change from the main brands. I certainly hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My parents stayed here while visiting me in Sheffield. They loved everything about this hotel, especially the service. The lady's at the front desk were exceedingly helpful in planning day trips out of sheffield to places in the surrounding area and peaks district. My parents felt at home and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that your parents had a great stay and that the team looked after them so well. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team on reception.
Thank you again and I do hope we get to welcome you and your parents back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

nice and stylish, perfect city centre location. Stayed here before, expect to stay here again ..........................................................................................................

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review and comments. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to the Leopold Hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stopped here at last minute, I am from sheffield and was celebrating a Birthday so i thought I would book a hotel to get ready and stop over too, a little treat.
On arrival the ladies on the reception were very welcoming and happy to help with luggage and parking info!
I was on the third floor, which was no problem but my god the LIFT is so HOT!

The room was small but high ceiling and the bathroom was lovely but I do have some issues.
- The Flush on the toilet was almost hanging out of the wall and bits of plaster were coming away, Flush still worked so I didn't see this fit to contact the hotel.
- Bathoom quite dark and the Bath/Shower is tepid, which I have noticed from a lot of reviews, may be due to the age of the building or the amount of rooms.
- Some street noise, to be expected in a city center hotel, not an issue for me either
- Parking is quite a fair bit away, especially for those arriving late at night and aren't familliar with the area, although there are a lot of nice pubs along the way from
the hotel to the carparking.

Would stop again but this is not a Boutique hotel, the decor is lacking and are the fittings/furniture, dare I mention the clear plastic chair in the room, Needs some TLC before this
is a Luxury Boutique hotel

Room Tip: High floor room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bernie_yorkshire

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and helpful feedback following your stay with us recently. I will certainly look into the issues you mention with the room and rectify those we can. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope we get to welcome you back soon.