“Good location, decent hotel at a reasonable price”
Review of Leopold Hotel

Leopold Hotel
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
“Good location, decent hotel at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a night out in Sheffield as a birthday treat to save the taxi home. The hotel itself is in a great location, albeit parking is a little walk away in the Q hotel at a discounted overnight rate. We booked the deluxe room which came with a kingside bed. The room itself was on the small side but the decor modern and clean. The only two downsides we found we're that the walls were thin so could hear next door easily and of course this hotel is on Leopold square so if you want a quiet and early night then this isn't the place to be! That aside, we knew about the location so less of a problem. Summary is that it's a good hotel in a good location which met our needs. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful too. We weren't blown away by this place but at that price (£67) we'd consider visiting again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your helpful comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Leopold Hotel. I am sorry you encountered some noise issues the weekend you stayed. I am glad you overall had an enjoyable stay and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Michael Skehan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Arrived here yesterday! Amazingly helpful and polite check in staff, very clean rooms/public areas (if slightly dated) draft beer in the bar is crisp fresh and lively (so many hotels neglect to look after their beers) snacks served foc at your table (crisps, olives etc) lovely breakfast (full English can't comment on the continental) I'm being a bit ahead of myself as have another night here but bet the feeling it'll be just fine!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review and feedback during your stay with us. I certainly do hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Leopold Hotel

Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My partner and I booked in at this hotel last minute Bank holiday Monday, and were SO glad we did! I do quality assessments for hotels so my standards are high and I look for faults. The suite we had room 117 was spotless,the extras were plentiful ie:- sewing kit,gowns,slippers,coffee machine,ipod player,2 televisions,sky movie package etc. etc. included in a very reasonable price. We ordered food,evening meal and breakfast,which were plentiful and delicious, and drink which was promptly delivered. The staff from reception to housekeeping were polite and extremely helpful and accomodating. they had a "can do" approach which was refreshing and much appreciated.After our evening out we ordered a night cap from the bar to be brought to our room and the receptionist remembered what our room no. was! The bed was big and comfortable,the bathroom had bath and shower and was modern and well stocked with gorgeous smelling toiletries.
Hard as I tried,because of my profession,I honestly could not find fault,we will be recommending this Hotel and going back very soon!
Well done the management AND team,including those that deliver the service who guests rarely see. The delivery of service is faultless.

Room Tip: We chose a suite with lounge etc. downstairs and seperate bedroom upstairs,perfect and plenty of spa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and comments following your stay with us recently. I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how well all the team looked after you. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this on the Monday and got a great deal and stayed from Thursday - Monday over bank holiday.
Hotel was in a perfect location to explore.
The girls on the desk was amazing, they recommended hair salon and spa before we arrived when I had emailed them ....

There was a few thing wrong with the room, which I left a note for. Even though they said they would sort they didn't however we was offered a change of room but as they was things that I deemed not an issue I was just informing them of issues ... Plugs didn't fit in the sockets, door handle on bathroom coming off and paint smell so please leave the window open ...

The Letter that was left in response was offering a change of room but it was not worth it really.

As it was bank holiday there was a salsa class from a nearby restuarant and it was Loud and vibrant which we loved.

Great food for the breakfast and always room for us and waiters always on it from arrival to us leaving.

Love the pictures and how the hotel is very personal to the old school and a hotel with the personal feel.

Would go again most defo.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura T
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and feedback following your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you overall had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your helpful points on your room. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we get to welcome you back soon.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having become tired of main brands, we tried this hotel to visit sheffield, and found it to be an ideal base, right in the centre. Drop of spot to unload car, then park at nearby multi storey, £7 a day, no problem. Helpful staff, nice rooms, comfy bed, TV's need an upgrade, but that's picky!
Continental breakfast in on the price of the room, pay only a £5 for a full menu, looked lovely, cooked fresh to order, but didn't need one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind words following your stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. The individual nature of the property and the quirkiness of the hotel certainly does make it a change from the main brands. I certainly hope we get to welcome you back again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My parents stayed here while visiting me in Sheffield. They loved everything about this hotel, especially the service. The lady's at the front desk were exceedingly helpful in planning day trips out of sheffield to places in the surrounding area and peaks district. My parents felt at home and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that your parents had a great stay and that the team looked after them so well. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team on reception.
Thank you again and I do hope we get to welcome you and your parents back again in the future.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

nice and stylish, perfect city centre location. Stayed here before, expect to stay here again ..........................................................................................................

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review and comments. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to the Leopold Hotel.