“Lovely little hotel very convenient for the arena”

Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hotel very convenient for the arena”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Lovely clean room, small but not too small, only thing I would add is tea/coffee making equipment in the rooms. Wifi didn't work which was a shame but did not affect our stay. Stayed here after a mcbusted concert. Would definitely stay again. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lovely little hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis budget in sheffield. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Leandro Carter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Precisely what you want from a budget hotel - low prices and clean, comfortable basic amenities, plus a great location for the Sheffield Arena and the Meadowhall shopping complex. Reception staff were courteous, friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to help when we found ourselves blocked into our parking space (through no fault of the hotel's). My only minor quibble is that although coffee and tea can be purchased from reception 24/7, there are no kettles in the rooms. I would happily have paid a surcharge for a kettle and provided my own tea and milk. This might not be an issue for someone slightly less obsessed with tea than I am!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We at the ibis budget in Sheffield very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leandro carter.
Goa
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We choose this hotel for the location first and price second. Neither disappointed. It is a stone throw away from the Motorpoint Arena, which was were our Venue was. Check in was quick and professional. The room, we had a twin, was great. Had to pay £4.00 for their secure car park. But that was fine with us. Close to Meadowhall Shopping centre too

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis budget in Sheffield very soon.

Leandro carter
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great hotel Great Staff Great Price. I stayed for the British Open Wrestling Championships last weekend and found everything in the hotel to be satisfactory for the price I paid. Many thanks for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis budget in Shefield again very soon.
Leandro Carter
Burton On Trent Uk
Reviewed 12 May 2014

You get what you pay for at £36 per night + £4.00 overnight parking which I think is to much. The room was very clean and basic. No tea or coffee in the room the bed is very uncomfortable we had to roll up a duvet from the top bunk just to get a good size pillow. BUT FOR THAT PRICE THATS WHAT YOU WILL GET I THINK I WILL PAY A BIT MORE FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE SLEEPNEXT TIME.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Wellingborough
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Spent the weekend here as attending the netball nationals at the Arena. Booked a few weeks before and paid just £50 for 2 nights so a bargain price. The rooms are very small and basic but perfectly functional and clean. No coffee and tea facilities in the rooms but it was possible to get a coffee from reception. For what me and my daughter needed for the weekend, which was a base for the sports arena, this was perfect. My only moan would be that it was noisy in the early hours, not actually in the hotel but outside. I couldn't work out why people were standing outside at 4am (and being noisy) until I realised that smokers corner was at the front of the hotel directly across from the rooms. Not really sure why they need a covered area to use at that time in the morning apart from to keep everyone in the hotel awake. Frustrating when my daughter really needed her sleep. I would suggest that this be moved - why encourage noise outside the hotel that otherwise was great value.

• Stayed May 2014
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The room and the shower area are compact but very clean. It was great having access to wifi in the room which worked perfectly. The hotel served breakfast which was mediocre but good to have to a bite before leaving the hotel just to fill your appetite.

The location is not too bad as it is walking distance to a few restaurants but I would recommend renting a vehicle to be able to drive into Sheffield's city centre.

This hotel is great for backpackers as you'd most likely be out majority of the time and wouldn't require such fantastic amenities within the hotel but it may be too cramped for families.

Stayed September 2013