“Excellent welcoming wonderful stay!”
Review of Quarry House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Quarry House
Ranked #9 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Returning to Quarry house IS returning to my home from home, Neville and Penny are attentive but not intrusive, genuinely welcoming and helpful. The rooms are amazing after a lifetime of travelling for work I have finally secured a local job and how I miss staying at Quarry House. So much so that now my wife and I go just to enjoy the best B and B in the UK. An early spring weekend in March was excellent as always and a pleasure to be back,
visit and Enjoy!

Room Tip: All brilliant!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay whilst visiting my daughter at Uni, I decided to take notice of the 77 good reviews not the two negative ones and was so glad I decided to do this as I had a perfect stay. To me Quarry House was a great find. the warmth of the welcome and the outstanding range of breakfasts and attention to detail is really better than I have ever experienced. Be assured this is still a great place to stay and well worth my trip up from Shropshire. I will be staying again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We has a similar experience to the American guests who were badly let down in July 2011. We had arranged to visit friends in Sheffield and booked a Saturday night at the Quarry House which was confirmed by e-mail. On the morning of our booking we received a curt e-mail telling us that they had double booked the room. How is this possible when they have only 3 letting rooms? I suspect it may be due to a better offer from other visitors who wanted a multi-night stay. There was no attempt to suggest suitable alternative accommodation and the owners response when my wife called them was, frankly, pathetic. I note the generally favourable reviews on this site; however we ended up having a stressful couple of hours trying to find alternative accommodation. It is no good offering a nice room in pleasant surroundings if you can't get a simple booking right. Avoid this place if you want certainty that you will actually get what you think you have booked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Excellent stay, lovely hosts. Clean and cosy room, a nice mix of traditional and modern. Lots of additional useful things - shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, toothbrushes, towels, robes, moisturiser, DVDs, books, magazines, whisky, sherry, tea, coffee, biscuits, hot water bottle, mini fridge and I could go on. Bath and separate shower, luxurious bed and bathroom. Great breakfast, brought to your room! Very quiet at night. Nice walks nearby but 10 min from town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stay here and you won't be disappointed. Very well appointed room, clean, comfortable and very quiet. Some lovely extras too. Tea served on arrival. Great choice at breakfast. Run by 2 very nice people. Interesting location. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I booked into the 'Quarry House' for a one night stay on a trip to Sheffield. A tiring drive of 275 miles was made extremely worthwhile just by the reception I received upon my arrival, a most welcoming tray of tea. Penny & Neville are fantastic hosts. The rooms are blessed with all the creature comforts of your own home, en-suite rooms are furnished with a 5 piece santary suite and if you've forgotten your tooth brush there'll be a spare. The rooms are clean and extremely comfortable, large double beds, a sofa, plenty of quality reading material, courtesy drinks of Whiskey, Port and Sherry adorn teh bookcase while there is also a splendid selection of teas and coffees. Breakfast is amazing, whatever you wish for with copious amounts of fresh fruit also. Both Penny & Neville are very knowledgeable people and have an abundance of interests / hobbies and both make for wonderul conversation, making you feel like part of an extended family. I was so overly impressed and booked there and then for a future visit to Sheffield later in the year. This is the Proprietors home which they bult themselves to exacting standards and is a most tranquil spot in the valley which has some beautiful walks, tucked away on the edge of an old quarry from which, the stones for the house were worked. Most delightful and most highly recommended, very very affordable too..

Room Tip: All rooms are furnished similarly though the upstairs rooms seem to be slightly larger, take what yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NauticalNick
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here as an overflow when my group was occupying another B&B fully. And I really lucked out! Not an easy place to find, but strangely secluded once you get there. The site seems a bit industrial with heavy machinery in the quarry and some construction going on, but the house itself is idyllic! Quite a theatrical household. The ancient stone cottage turned out to have been built by the owner who is a retired stonemason. My room was magnificent. Clean, artfully decorated and nothing left to chance. Everything from shoe cleaning materials, to lotions and shampoos was in place. There were even his and hers robes hanging behind the bathroom door! The moment of greatest contentment however, was the discovery of a bottle of single malt whiskey that was there for a nightcap. (Plus a bottle of port and one of sherry.). There was a request sheet for breakfast which included the option of breakfast in bed! No need for an alarm either - there was even a box the check for what time you wanted to be woken up with a tea tray! Needless to say the breakfast was wonderful and the array of options wonderful. I was sad to leave, but I hope to stop there again.

Room Tip: I only saw one, but I would have no hesitation having any room in this location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business