“we love quarry house”
Review of Quarry House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Quarry House
Ranked #9 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
UK
“we love quarry house”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

our second visit to quarry house. this is a delight on the north western edge of town as you go into the Rivelin valley. the setting in a quarry is gorgeous and Penny and Neville the hosts provide a welcoming and tranquil ambience. you can sit on the balcony and drink wine and listen to the birds. there is a walk through the valley into town which is rather magical. this is a special place and a great setting for exploring Sheffield and the Peak district.

Room Tip: doesn't matter all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here twice in as many weeks as I needed a chilled place to stay close to a contract I was working on in Sheffield. Speaking purely from my own perspective it's a lovely place to stay as a refreshing alternative to bland, corporate hotels. The room I stayed in was like a little flat in that it had a larger than usual en-suite (with bath) and in the bedroom there was a nice little area with a sofa and coffee table on which to relax. The touches such as the complimentary port, whiskey and sherry, the retro Roberts radio, new toothbrushes in the bathroom and also being very clean make it a lovely place to unwind. Also, if you get talking to Neville he is a wonderful character with an interesting history. Oh also, having fresh tea in a pot delivered to your room in the morning is lovely. The price is also very good, especially as the breakfast is wonderful, really wonderful with some lovely local produce. I slept like a bear every night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Returning to Quarry house IS returning to my home from home, Neville and Penny are attentive but not intrusive, genuinely welcoming and helpful. The rooms are amazing after a lifetime of travelling for work I have finally secured a local job and how I miss staying at Quarry House. So much so that now my wife and I go just to enjoy the best B and B in the UK. An early spring weekend in March was excellent as always and a pleasure to be back,
visit and Enjoy!

Room Tip: All brilliant!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay whilst visiting my daughter at Uni, I decided to take notice of the 77 good reviews not the two negative ones and was so glad I decided to do this as I had a perfect stay. To me Quarry House was a great find. the warmth of the welcome and the outstanding range of breakfasts and attention to detail is really better than I have ever experienced. Be assured this is still a great place to stay and well worth my trip up from Shropshire. I will be staying again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We has a similar experience to the American guests who were badly let down in July 2011. We had arranged to visit friends in Sheffield and booked a Saturday night at the Quarry House which was confirmed by e-mail. On the morning of our booking we received a curt e-mail telling us that they had double booked the room. How is this possible when they have only 3 letting rooms? I suspect it may be due to a better offer from other visitors who wanted a multi-night stay. There was no attempt to suggest suitable alternative accommodation and the owners response when my wife called them was, frankly, pathetic. I note the generally favourable reviews on this site; however we ended up having a stressful couple of hours trying to find alternative accommodation. It is no good offering a nice room in pleasant surroundings if you can't get a simple booking right. Avoid this place if you want certainty that you will actually get what you think you have booked.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Steve K
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Excellent stay, lovely hosts. Clean and cosy room, a nice mix of traditional and modern. Lots of additional useful things - shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, toothbrushes, towels, robes, moisturiser, DVDs, books, magazines, whisky, sherry, tea, coffee, biscuits, hot water bottle, mini fridge and I could go on. Bath and separate shower, luxurious bed and bathroom. Great breakfast, brought to your room! Very quiet at night. Nice walks nearby but 10 min from town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stay here and you won't be disappointed. Very well appointed room, clean, comfortable and very quiet. Some lovely extras too. Tea served on arrival. Great choice at breakfast. Run by 2 very nice people. Interesting location. Would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple