“Simple Class”

Greenhead House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We booked to go for lunch on our wedding anniversary. We were made to feel welcome straight away. The staff are very friendly and chatty. We had a glass of peach champagne in the garden while we decided what to order. When we were taken through to the restaurant our table had been scattered with little pink hearts. Awesome touch!! The food was very good and we will be going back for an evening meal. I will say that the Black Forest gateau is delicious. Thanks for a fantastic afternoon.

There are newer reviews for Greenhead House

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Been wanting to try this restaurant for years and finally booked a table for two on a Saturday evening. Found the welcome friendly and felt at home straight away. Was not rushed all evening and found all the food we ordered outstanding . Was told the portions are small but I have a good appetite and had more than enough and was asked if I wanted a extra sweet or cheese and biscuits but I was full. The wine was superb and draught beer also. Will be going back with my brother and his wife and recommend it to all.

1  Thank Martyn P
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Usually come here once or twice a year, it's our special occasion place.
Food always amazing, staff very friendly.
We love the homeliness, a very unusual atmosphere that may not be to everyone's taste, but we like it.
We'll keep returning for years to come I hope.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very homely setting and very welcoming staff. I was a little bit apprehensive before visiting this restaurant as I really do not like 'stuffy' atmospheres - I prefer to eat my food without the glare of the staff! Thankfully there was none of that, and the service was very attentive and professional. The drinks served were superb and and high quality; the wine menu is extensive and varied. The food was fantastic, if not slightly overpriced in my opinion. I would certainly recommend a visit for a special occasion!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Booked the restaurant based on trip advisor, and can absolutley reccomend this place. The setting is so welcoming and homely, the food is well priced at £47 for a 4 course meal. Last but not least, the service was fantastic, we were well looked after. Jess , our main waitress was absolutely fantastic. Great attitude, and very capable. Can't reccomend enough.