“Could be better.”

Greenhead House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Been here several times over 10 years, usually very good but always rather expensive. On this visit we were impressed with starters and desserts but the main courses were not up to same standard. Fillet beef not cooked as required and the red wine sauce ( no choice regarding sauces ) was unimaginative. Vegatables were poor: tasteless and dull. It amazes me why "good" restaurants can`t just offer silver service with decent veg cooked properly and forget the hyped up fancy offerings. Greenhead are by no means the worst offenders regarding this.Probably time for us to look elsewhere as there are quite a few places we go to that are better and sometimes cheaper.

2  Thank gibson

Reviewed 21 August 2009

I and my wife have been going to the Greenhead since it opened 25 years ago. I can say that we have never been disappointed. Anne and her front of house staff are invariably welcoming and attentive throughout. The food is always of the highest quality - I have never had a meal at the Greenhead which I have not enjoyed. Neil, in the kitchen, fully deserves his Good Food Guide ratings, and I am surprised that they are not higher.

Reviewed 13 December 2008

I have been a customer since it opened, the standard started high and hasn't dropped, The welcome is like coming home drinks and canapes are served in the lounge, the menu has excellent and varied dishes, it changes every month. Usually 4 starters, mains and deserts, excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Around £40 per head, for food. approx 40 covers fantastic service.
If there is a better restaurant in South yorkshire I have yet to find it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Superb food and friendly, homely service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2007

In my opinion the best restaurant in Sheffield

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook