“A perfect Evening”

Ranked #69 of 1,498 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$16 - US$49
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established over 25 years, The Mediterranean Restaurant serves fresh fish and seafood and authentic Spanish tapas. Fully licensed. Open lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday.Tapas available 12 - 2.30pm Monday - Saturday and 5.30pm - 10pm Monday to Thursday.A la carte menu and specials available Monday - Saturday lunch and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Please call to make a reservation.
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Dined here with my boyfriend while in the area for the weekend at the start of July and had the most beautiful meal. Found the restaurant by accident, off the beaten track, and decided to give it a try as we both love seafood.
Chose a bottle of rose between us which was both well priced and tasty.
Both the dishes were immaculately presented, fresh and delicious. My boyfriend had the Seabass and I chose the fish stew, which was full of flavour and very tender.
The staff were discreet yet attentive, and the small, cosy surroundings were romantic and welcoming. We we're say near the window and had a perfect table. We both commented on how much the restaurant exceeded our expectations, and after looking at other reviews it is clear other people agree.
Would definitely dine here again, worth the money and had a lovely evening.
The added touch of a fresh fish specials board adds the personal touch of providing fresh seafood when far from the sea!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Can't believe I haven't been here before when I live in sheffield. Extensive menu with lots of fish and seafood. The goats cheese filo parcels were to die for. My friend had the fish stew and described it at the best she has ever had (and she's had a few as she rarely eats meat). Shared a dessert and even the coffee tasted great. Reasonably priced too and the staff are lovely and friendly. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The title says it all! I used to visit here fairly regularly years ago and as other things and other places intervened so did the lack of visits. What a pity - because this restaurant continues to have excellent dishes and an excellent tapas menu too available on various days. Staff are helpful in advising guests. The chef/kitchen staff also deserve mention and the gentleman from Morocco who owns the place is a perfect host. The food is exquisite!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Living just 5 minutes away we often walk past but have never got around to go in. This changed on Friday & I was not disappointed. The selection of food is fantastic, the service was something else. The waiter helped me choose dishes from the menu (I struggle in making a decision when it all sounds so nice) the food arrived & it was delicious, I will definitely return. I think this is completely reasonably priced, with 2 starters, 2 mains & a dessert to share all with a bottle of wine & a large sparkling water at £76. Amazing! A lively restaurant & one that I am proud to call 'the local' I can't wait to go again. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A bit disappointed as very keen to go here. Completely empty when we arrived at 1pm but we were only given the menu with a few starters and main courses - after asking we discovered we could also order from the specials blackboard. After ordering more people arrived who all ordered from the tapas menu (a lively, fun and well priced choice) which we were never given and then got their food before us.

The food was delicious and we had an excellent waiter for the latter part of the meal but felt cheated of a good experience by weak initial service. Our first waiter's attention was certainly somewhere else.

1  Thank kathy w