“wonderful evening at Verogusto”
Review of VeroGusto

VeroGusto
Ranked #13 of 1,528 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$17 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to VeroGusto, our family-run, authentic and award-winning Italian restaurant and caffé, right in the heart of Sheffield city centre. We're passionate about great food, wine and hospitality, and so are our customers who have enjoyed our fare since we first opened in 2006.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A wonderful evening at Verogusto. What a beautiful restaurant in the heart of the city. From the relaxing drinks in the friendly bar, excellent complimentary appetisers to hand, to the most delicious lasagne I have ever had: the evening was of the highest order, from beginning to end. Without a doubt the best restaurant in Sheffield.

1  Thank julie b

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I often go to Gusto at lunch. It is perfect for a light lunch and meeting with colleagues.

Food; The food is great and tastes very authentic. Its very rare to find good Italian food in Sheffield.

Service; The staff are very knowledgeable, it is proper service as a restaurant should be.

Value; This is how Gusto lost a mark for me. It is not the price that concerns me much, it is the portion size. For lunch it is perfect, but on a recent visit with a friend in the evening we both agreed it doesn't really amount to a full meal! So when paying £12+ for a mushroom risotto and you are still empty its a bit disheartening.

Atmosphere; A little cramped for my liking. Just hope you are sat next to people who are not very loud. Visa-versa, if you want a private chat with your friend go to somewhere a bit more spacious.

All in all a great place, I will continue to go back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Gusto is one of my favourite places to have coffee in Sheffield. They also have an amazing menu- definitely would recommend!

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

There was my girlfriend and I with her family and we needed a place to eat and gusto at the time was the only place that could accommodate (we had no reservations anyway) but wow we couldn't have done better if we had researched restaurants in advance. The food was amazing and the wine was nice too. It was a little pricey but for the quality of the food you got it was great.

1  Thank Gimmly1
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Difficult to fault this wonderful place. Service superb interesting design great location fun surprising food and noisy lively atmosphere. Prices on high side but I'll be returning