“Good qualtiy food at a fair price!”
Review of shapla

shapla
Ranked #95 of 1,498 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We visited the Shapla in early May 2014 after a early Saturday drinking session in Sheffield City Centre and found the service to be excellent. We were offered a table by the window which for me is always good as I can watch the world go by outside. Popadoms and a pickle tray were the starter for us follwed by Mulligataurny soup and rotis. My wife had Tandoori Chicken and a mild Massalla sauce whilst I had a Chicken Saag. Accompanied by rice and a side dish of Bhindi we ate well. Nice food and well presented but very little in the way of garlic which just happens to be a passion of ours.
We asked afterwards and were told that we need to ask for extra garlic if we want an authentic strength.
I have been eating Indian and Pakistani cuisine for a number of years now and have seen the strength of garlic gradually reduced. Am I on my own in saying that we should start a campaign for real strength garlic!! No the food was great and we had great service too! We will visit again!!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Great food, brilliantly cooked, lovely flavours and attentive staff....A must if you like Indian cuisine!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Been going to Shapla for many years as its a favourite of my dads, I can say i've never had a bad meal or service from them. Great food with amazing flavours and cooking.
I also love the atmosphere it has, quiet and relaxing playing authentic music. Always my go to favourite indian restaurant.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have been going to the Shapla for many years and have NEVER had a bad meal. The premises are clean and well decorated and enjoyable to be in. We find the staff attentive and the food is amazing. The service is excellent and nothing is to much trouble. Ladies get a flower as they leave. A nice touch.
I have two Houseboat Hotels in Sheffield's Victoria Quays and always recommend the Shapla for a good place to go, and we always take our visitors and friends for specila evenings!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been to the Shapla many times over the last 30 years at least. I have always enjoyed the food there. I recently went there on 30/05/14 with my wife after a few drinks in Sheffield where we live. The service was excellent and attentive, we had onion bahji's to start with and pappadoms I had Chicken Pathea (don't know if that's the correct spelling) but it was great, and my Wife had Chicken Massala with rice,also very good. we had a garlic nan which we both said was the best ever. After a couple of drinks we were both stuffed and couldn't eat another thing. Thoroughly recommended and will definitely be back.