“best Persian in Sheffield by a mile!”
Review of Shiraz - CLOSED

Shiraz
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I first went with my boyfriend on our first date. Was a lovely night when it was refurbished we missed it alot! Since then we have been back every week for our regular houmous and flatbread, its the best we have ever tasted! The chicken kebab is lovely and so filling its nice having the cucumber yoghurt with the rice :) my boyfriend loves this place and we can't fault it! The Persian tea is amazing and we usually stay for hours enjoying the food, scenery and the service is very warming and friendly! The best Persian place in Sheffield!!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked this restaurant as we had recently had some really great middle eastern food in Dubai and in London. We had a mixed starter to share, which was OK. and separate main courses. There was nothing really wrong with it but it just lacked any sparkle or factor that made it stand out. The main course in particular which i had chicken again was OK and was accompanied by a very plain salad and lots of plain slightly flavoured rice. The girl serving was really nice and friendly and helpful and did her best to keep up with all tables despite seeming to be alone.
Would i go back, possibly yes, but only for a quick cheap eat. There are better restaurants in Sheffield.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Come back, Shiraz! Six of us went to Persepolis for a family reunion hoping for the wonderful food and service we'd had in the restaurant's previous incarnation. We got neither. Having arrived at our pre-booked table at 8pm, we waited half an hour for our drinks/food order to be taken. Our meal arrived at 10pm. It was dreadful: cold, dry and bland. Gone were the wonderful sauces and complex flavours of the past. Gone, too, were the large, or even adequate, portions - unless you include the huge piles of plain boiled rice served up on our plates. Real Persian cuisine is a joy to behold and experience. This was a travesty. On the plus side - and the reason I'm awarding one star to the restaurant - the staff are very warm and friendly and the decor is lovely. Unfortunately,though, we won't be going back.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Its changed it's name but the previous reviews are still right, the food here is amazing! The grilled chicken is succulent, the lamb mince is juicy and the lamb steak is oh so tender! The aubergine starter dip is a must with it's hint of walnut and garlic. Perfect for a special night out with that special person or a meal with a group of friends.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I Went back here for A Birthday meal with all my friends and family.. & very nervously for me was a mid week Meal to host the meeting of my boyfriends parents, & my own.
For everybody except myself & boyfriend , everybody was a 1st time Persian.

We got a nice mix of kebabs & as usual the food was coked just right & to perfection, Chicken was well done & in some delicious spice that I kept going back for more, lamb a bit more tender & tasted/ felt like decent pieces of meat. Not some scrap ends of lamb that some restaurants tend to deliver!
One member of my party had a small appetite & she was allowed to share with her partner.
The host was very nice & friendly, Although American had good waitressing skills- attentive without being overpowering.

Some of my other party tried the spinach starter- amazingly refreshing.

A lovely environment for my birthday, to say I was worried being mid- week & up the top end of Abbeydale road away from the Hustle & bustle, the place maintained a nice environment that was just right for mid week close family & friend dining to enjoy each others company.

Great place- as the joke goes- My fella believes they cook their chicken in some delicious spice or "drug" as its that addictive, once you've had a taste you will keep going back for more!!

1  Thank missdeelish