Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel & Spa
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$88
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
  • Restaurant
US$102
Hotels.com
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$117
US$105
Priceline
1,432 results
All reviewslovely groundssmall lakeleisure facilitiescity centresauna and steam roomgroupon deala bit tiredbar foodlovely hoteltwo double bedsecclesall roadsuperior roompeak districtroom was largevery pleasant staybooked this hotelbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This is the second time I have stayed a t Kenwood Hall on business and have found it a very nice hotel on both occasions. My room was spacious and comfortable with a view over the lovely gardens. The restaurant food was good. The pool area is light and extremely relaxing. (I fail to understand your other reviewer who couldn't find it) Service was good and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisBedfordshire
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I booked on line and received a confirmation in writing. When I arrived I was told that despite my booking I could not have the grade of room that had been confirmed because a football team was staying in the hotel and they had not left yet. I could only have a lower grade room. It was in the new extension of the hotel rather than in the much grander old part that I had chosen. The room was Ok but a bit shabby. Breakfast was only average. I felt a bit cheated and did not feel that I had received value for money.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerDE55, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Guest

I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us in particular the lack of availability of the specific room type you requested. It was unfortunate that the late departure of the football team caused this to occur and for this please accept my sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2011

We have just left kenwood hall this morning. The overall experience was fine but a couple of things that need addressing:
• the hotels website states that there is archery, clay pidgeon shooting but when I asked the guy on front desk Scott he said there has never been any of these available in the two years he has worked there. He also checked with his colleague who had worked there six years. It was a let down as we wanted a weekend away with everything on site as stated in the hotels factsheet.
• the gym/pool area is small but everything is there apart from water. After a sauna you do need water. A machine us located back upstairs but be careful as many people slipped over on the wet floors, including me!
•breakfast was nice, and on the first morning the sun was out and they sat us by an open door it was a lovely view of the lake . Staff were nice.
• we had a exec room overlooking the lake, very pretty views from there. The beds are quite old and not the all that comfy but beds are huge and lots of pillows. Also, no fridge in room so not good on a hot say and no air con.
•you are 1.8 miles from Sheffield centre so a little too far to walk but we did walk to ecclesall road which
was ten minutes away where there were shops pubs and restaurants

This hotel is ok, it's not top quality but it's acceptable, with a few things tweaking it could be good.
I think the main let down was the hotel factsheet that offered on site activities that actually do not exist , we wouldn't of had to venture out as much had these been provided.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Kelburt84

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations in a number of areas during your stay with us. As a result of your feedback I have requested with our marketing department that the contect be changed, the activities can be arranged for residents but are not running daily as the contect could imply.

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Arrived to find ample car parking, which was good. Well maintained grounds and nice location. We had a good sized room with a large bathroom. Staff friendly and polite. Nice breakfast, we had the full english, which was good value for money. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerDE55, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great feedback I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

When arrived the gentleman receptionist appeared arrogant and rude as i was not in a suit as wanted to be comfortable after a long drive. some staff redeemed my first impressions as they were freindly but very amatuer. nice grounds and room also food was great. Some staff over the top when asking for a drink called me sir 4 or 5 times the once would of been fine. yes sir no sir, had no charisma at all actually annoyed me to a point. Bar serves food late whats great. They have a pool aparently but the staff wont tell you where it is. Could be ten times better, but the guy on the reception when i arrived looking down his nose at everyone put me off from the start. Hotel really nice though grounds,building etc

Room Tip: would reconmend if they smiled more
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am terribly sorry that you found our receptionist arrogant, this will of course be addressed with the individual concerned. I am pleased however that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel