“Cant wait to go back”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
lincoln
“Cant wait to go back”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

From the moment we went to reception to book in and was met by Jacob who is a great ambassador for this hotel we felt special. We have stayed here before and had a beautiful room on the top floor in the old hall part of the hotel, I requested this same room but couldn't give the exact number of the room Jacob said when we got upstairs if it wasn't the right room to ring down to him. Within minutes he was up with the key to our favored room. We had a lovely surprise awaiting us wine and a congratulations cake as it was our 46th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and the waitress couldn't do enough to make our meal special. The breakfast was of very good quality and vast something to suit everybody. Whilst we were there we took advantage of the leisure facilities and these were very good. Well done to all the staff I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you want quite the rooms in the old part of the building are the ones to go for.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lorraine L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your positve comments regarding your recent stay and I am pleased that the team were able to ensure that you enjoyed your anniversary with us and Jacob was able to allocate your favourite room

I have passed on your feedback to the whole team and look forward to you returning in the future

Lorraine Lockwood General Manager Kenwood Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The plus points - The main hotel building and reception is fairly impressive, there is parking and the grounds are lovely. And is it in a very convenient location. Plus the staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds (twin) were comfortable enough.
The less positive bits - I stayed in a Travelodge-style extension to the side. The bathroom in particular needed some decorating/updating, the shower temperature was a little unpredictable (and the dial broken), the old-style TV only had channels 1-4 and all had a 'snow-storm' effect so you couldn't even watch those. And if you want access to wifi you have to pay for it.
Overall it was okay - I didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway and only stayed one night. Plus I got a late-deal (£63), which was a fair price. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid full price (£99).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

I apologise that you were not able to get a suitable picture on the TV during your stay. Whilst not all of our bedrooms are equipped with flat screen TV and multi channels, this is not an excuse as you should have still been able to obtain a decent picture. I have passed on your comments to the maintenance team for further investigation.

Lorraine Lockwood General Manager
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We took advantage of the hotel's offer of £116 for 2 nights with free breakfast. To be honest, from the website we expected a country style hotel but the pictures are deceiving as the majority of the building is new build and just like any other hotel. The room was nice although a little tired and the TV was terrible (old) with only terrestrial channels available which in 2014 is unusual to say the least. The spa facilities were ok but sauna was small and old, the steam room looked nice but didn't really steam up and the pool was tiny. Plenty of parking and within a 15 min walk to Eccelsall Road where there are some nice restaurants and bars. You can also get buses into town from here. Not bad but a bit of a let down.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lorraine L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your comments and I apologise that the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion. The hotel is not modern and purpose built and therefore is a little dated in places, Currently our suites and upgraded rooms have flat screen TV's with a large choice of channels

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My son and his beautiful bride picked Kenwood Hall for their wedding; never having stayed there, I wasn't sure what to expect.
The good news is that the facility and staff are well-suited for a small wedding. It couldn't have been more convenient for our party of 15: check-in was efficient; the rooms were of a good size, clean and nicely furnished and well-located to each other, as well as to the restaurant, the Terrace Room and the Library (the latter two being where the ceremony and reception were held); and despite the number of business travelers (it being mid-week), the restaurant staff were generally attentive. The grounds are lovely and well-kept: the paths around the pond and the views from the terrace are worth checking out!
Some in our party felt that the furniture was a bit beyond its prime: noting some of the other reviews, it appears management is in the process of updating things - no cause for concern in my mind, or in my experience. Bar staff seemed a little overwhelmed at times, but if it's your child's wedding, nothing will be as perfect as you want - speaking objectively, I suspect service was just fine: more a case of parental jitters on our part. A wider beer (i.e., real ale) selection on tap wouldn't hurt that, come to think of it!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that the whole family enjoyed the wedding of your son and daughter-in law at the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of the grounds during your stay
I have passed on your positive feedback to the team

Kenwood Hall Hotel
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was invited to a leaving do at the hotels restaurant.

The hotel looked very smart and my expectations were high.

My first problem was finding the terrace restaurant as it wasn't signposted.

Then I was invited into the restaurant.

Firstly not everyone had a bread roll. These were pale, cold and looked bought in.

The starter salmon and limp mixed lettuce was just about acceptable.

The main was lamb , carrots, courgette,beans and potatoes that looked like they may have started out as boiled potatoes but with a bit of roasting. It was swimming in gravy..

Overall it without doubt this one one of the blandest and unappealing meals I have had at any level of establishment. Disappointing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank steve g
Thank you for your comments although disappointed with the feedback as this is unusual with an event held in one of our private rooms
The Terrace is a private room, located in the main house within the hotel and has a separate entrance, although there is signage at the main reception the room is located along a few corridors and I can only apologise if you felt it was not clear enough at the time
Whilst the menu itself was chosen by the main organiser of the event your feedback is unusual however I will ensure that a full investigation takes place

Lorraine Lockwood

Travellers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Kenwood Hall. The setting is the best in Sheffield city and the service was excellent. Our children loved exploring the grounds and we felt we were staying in a hotel where the staff really cared about providing a high quality service and had pride in their work. Nothing was too much trouble. Don't be put off if the room reservation telephone number is not answered or you get through and they say rooms are not available (there were rooms available via the hotel's own online booking system).

Room Tip: Highly recommend staying in the suite!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SWEH
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable break with us.
Set in 11 acres of grounds just 5 minutes drive from the busy city centre it is an ideal location for family breaks in and around the surrounding areas of Sheffield. There is plenty of opportunity for the children to run around & explore safely within the grounds.
I have passed on your comments to the team

General Manager Kenwood Hall
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay whilst visiting Sheffield. First impressions were great clean an bright reception area with friendly staff. Check in was fast and effortless we upgraded to a deluxe room which was a good choice. The room was large with two double beds and tea and coffee making facilities including water. The only issue with the room was lack of lighting in the main area of the room, there were just 2 lamps to light the room. Overall would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gareth-Patton
Thank you for your overall comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and have seen some improvements. As you mentioned set in 11 acres of grounds the hotel has stunning views which are enhanced with the recent warmer weather
Our new restaurant menu has been recently introduced with positive feedback, ensuring choices to suit everyone's tastes.
I apologise about the TV reception, we have had some recent issues although this has now been resolved
I have passed on your comments to the team