“Only The Best”

Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have today completed a most pleasurable and memorable experience in The Kenwood Hotel.
My 6 day stay highlighted the excellence of your management and personnel structure. All my needs have been either met or exceeded, no mean feat in this day and age.
I would like to give special thanks to all your staff and in particular the following people.

Kay
Brendan
Ranjan

Congratulations and well done,

N P Barrett

Room Tip: Room on south is a benefit
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicholas B
Lorraine L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased that the team were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with
I have passed your comments to all team members especially those which you named

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business, staff were very good from reception to the restaurant. My room was clean, warm and a good size, needs a refurb as outdated. Stayed at the hotel for drinks and a meal, restaurant food was really good, tasty and hot. Set in nice grounds, nice place to sit looking over the pond with a bottle of wine!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Whilst we are not modern and purpose built, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. That you room was clean and well presented, staff attentive and that you were able to relax and enjoy your meal whilst overlooking the lake and stunning views

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Good price obtained from booking.com. Hotel looks good from outside but avoid rooms that begin with a 5 or 6 as they are a long one way from the lifts and can only be reached by carrying luggage up stairs. Our room, although a good size, was in desperate need of an update. Old fashioned TV, all the floor boards creaked and the duvet didn't even fill the duvet cover, so spent the night just covered by a sheet.

• Stayed: May 2014

The hotel is not modern and purpose built and the rooms in the old house are further away from reception although they have the tradtional features within the rooms and have a separate entrance with car parking. The rooms in this part of the building are not accessible via the lift although all of our other bedrooms throughout the hotel do have lift access.

All of our suites, Delux and some superior bedrooms do have flat acreen TV'S with a variety of channels

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't stay here if I was using my own money, I stayed for work related business.

The entire hotel for me felt like I was in a sheltered accommodation environment, not a hotel. It is in desperate need of a facelift, both in the communal areas and private rooms. My room was very dated, the tv was from the 90's with picture quality to match. The rest of the room followed in familiar fashion, the bathroom was dated from around the 80s. Although the bed made up for the lack of a modern room, it was sublime.

The food wasn't anything to write home about, the portions were small in size and not worth wasting your time waiting for it, the wait was around 25 mins for a main! I ate out after this debacle.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and I apologise that the hotel was not what you were expecting
as the hotel is not modern and purpose built.
As all of the food in the Tempus restaurant is cooked to order it would take 20 minutes for the order to be served to your table, however I will pass on your comments regarding portion size

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We made the mistake of booking Kenwood Hall for a wedding due to take place in May 2014 - the service so far has been DREADFUL. Staff are disorganised, do not keep to their word and are generally very awkward. the experience has been everything a family could really do without around the time of a wedding. Do not use them for your special day - save yourself the stress!! We wish we had booked elsewhere now :(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dam2448
Lorraine L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

I would like to apologise that you have had problems with your booking but rest assured the operational team will ernsure that you day runs smoothly
Due to licensing constraints we are restricted to capacities within all of our rooms for civil ceremonies
As I am unaware of your specific problems please contact me directly at the hotel as this is not the impression we would want to create and I am more than happy to discuss your concerns in order to put your mind at rest

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We only booked this hotel so we could be near our daughter who lives in Sheffield. We couldn't believe it was the right place when we arrived. It was massive in beautiful grounds. The room was gorgeous so much space, massive tv, very large bathroom, a study area, very comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities in its own little area. Maybe we were just lucky with this room as we only paid £49 and it was over the Easter period but we couldn't fault it we only wished we could have stayed longer to see the rest of the hotel. The staff were very friendly with check in and check out quick and easy. Will definitely be returning on our next visit to Sheffield.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 602 bit of a jaunt to get to it as the hotel is so big and I would probably have g...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in the future

General Manager Kenwood Hall

Reviewed 27 April 2014

the outside of kenwood hall looks amazing and the gardens are beautiful, the reception area and dining area are pretty much standard, however the rooms are very tired, they are large but it was details, like stains on the carpet and chairs and peeling paint in the bathroom that were off putting, the bed was comfortable and clean but i felt it was a lot of money for a very tired bedroom, its a shame as once you step inside its a bit of a let down, the staff were very friendly though. i had also payed extra for breakfast which was ok but again not worth the extra money.

Room Tip: maybe one with a garden view or recently updated?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dukewilson

Whilst our bedrooms are not modern and purpose built I am unaware of any which are in the state you mention. I will ensure that this is followed through with both my housekeeping and maintenance manager & thank you for drawing to my attention