“GREAT LOCATION”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Cheshire
“GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I booked this hotel through Late rooms. A great location, so close to the city centre and Ecclesall Road, yet set in acres of well maintained grounds. A very peaceful setting. We booked a double room big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids but only me and my husband staying, when we arrived we were surprised to be given a small twin room. I called recception to be told that booking through late rooms was only a request and that you get what you are givien. After threatening to go home first before staying in the room we were given a lovely double room with a very comfortable double bed with luxury linens and feather pillows. The breakfast was very nice, a buffet style in the restaurant overlooking the gardens and lake. There was a swimming pool which we didn't use but it did look nice. Parking is very easy as well.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Essex UK
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel over the bank holiday weekend. The online price was £52 per room per night. I found this to be excellent value for money. The hotel is set in lovely grounds, the breakfast is first class and the hotel in general is well maintained and clean. The room was what one would expect and the bed very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend the hotel to friends and family etc. Although the staff were pleasant enough, they lacked a little enthusiasm and friendliness. A few smiles, a greeting or two go a long way towards making guests feel happy and relaxed, but most i interacted with, not all, were quite miserable and short. Didn't spoil the weekend though, would have been the cherry on the cake though so to speak.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We stayed at Kenwood Hall for three nights over Easter weekend.
The hotel is very smart and well kept in a lovely area. For the special offer we got it was great value for money.
The pool is small and more for splashing around in than doing lengths.
There was a wedding on while we were there and I imagine they got some lovely photos in the grounds and around the lake.
Breakfast was good, plenty of choice.
There is a nice pub around the corner and down the round that did good food. Also in walking distance of Eccleshall road and the bars and restaurants there.
The only thing we found was that the Internet usage and drinks in the bar were over priced and our room could have done with a bit of dusting (dusty lamps and several cobwebs!) but other than that there was nothing wrong.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Just spent the weekend at the Kenwood Hall with my friend and our two daughters. Was slightly anxious prior to arrival having read some of the reviews. On arrival at the hotel which is situated some distance from the town in a lovely leafy part of Sheffield, we were welcomed to Kenwood Hall by a male receptionist whom at first I thought distant and unfriendly but quickly found him to be efficient and helpful(a smile would have made such a difference). I had requested two rooms with connecting doors, this request was granted and a complimentary bottle of wine provided. The hotel was very clean, the food was excellent and the garden and lake area, beautiful and relaxing. While we did not avail of the leisure facilities we had a quick look, the pool is small but the fitness room appeared adequate. Overall our experience was a positive one and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a nice quiet hotel with good food and helpful staff. We got a really good rate on the internet and if I return to Sheffield I would like to stay at Kenwood Hall. I'm not quite sure what class this hotel is but I would put it down as a very good three star.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank A 'TA' Member
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall, responded to this review, 29 April 2009
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us over the weekend.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kenwood Hall on your next visit to Sheffield.

Sheffield
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We decided to go here for our anniverary to find the room was tatty and run down. After finding the same results in the second room, we decided to leave. £140 to find mold in the bathroom, no thanks. Would never recomend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pigletd95
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall, responded to this review, 19 April 2009
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am disappointment to read that you decided not to stay with us. And your feedback does come as a surpise when you read the other feedback on the site from other travellers, who provide positive experinces of thier stays with us.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel to give me more details of your experience so that I can ensure that there is no re occurance in the future.

Andrew Wright

Travellers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We visited this hotel for a romantic getaway. The hotel is nice and the staff really friendly. the major issue was the prices in the hotel. The internet was £6 per hour, which means i could not check my e-mails for work, as i refused to pay £6 per hour. Drinks were expensive, £6.25 for a glass of wine, The breakfast was lovely, but the dinner was scandelous. i could not beleive how much I was charged for it. I dont mind paying a bit extra, but even when a burger in the bar is over £11.00 you know you have had it. Grounds nice, and rooms clean, but I will not visit again for the reason that you cannot enjoy being in the hotel, as it costs too much!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are currently in the porcess of reviewing our internet provider and usage costs, and will hopefully be in a position to be be able to provide an improved service for our guests in the near future.

We are also reviewing our food and beverage offering to ensure that it is competitive with what is availble to guests at other local bars and restaurants in our area.

However having the our unique location so close to the city but within 12 acres of grounds, to be able to sit out on the patio overlooking the gardens and the lake, gives you an ideal opportunity to spoil yourself.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kenwood Hall in the future.

Manchester
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Booked in for one night had a family room. Very pleasant, beds were incredibly comfortable. Pool and sauna were great, as was the food.
On the whole a fantastic place. Our two children, aged 10, both loved the pool area. We were situated in an ideal spot, so didn't have to walk miles to get to the gym or reception. The only downside was that the dinners service was on the slow and forgetful side, probably due to understaffing.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MrPMissB
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with. I have taken on board your comments relating to the service you received in the restaurant and I can assure you that we have re looked at our staffing levels and also gone through a re training process to ensure our colleagues meet and exceed our guest expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kenwood Hall in the future