“First Time at Las Iguanas...I've Been Missing Out”

Las Iguanas - Sheffield
Ranked #125 of 1,492 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I think everyone I know has been to Las Iguanas and told me how good it was. It has taken me a long time to finally get there but it is definitely worth a return visit.

Our experience was made all the better by the fantastic waitress we had. Her name may have been Ellie but she was a pretty lady with a couple of tattoos and her service was exceptional.

The food was good and the cocktails were nice and cheap as on the night we visited the manager decided to extend happy hour throughout the night.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our regular go-to place to eat. We've been visiting for years and it's never disappointed us once. Prices are pretty good but it's the staff - and the 2-4-1 long island iced tea that really do it for me! My partner loves it because it does a v good range of vegetarian food - and they will add/omit as needed to make sure it's properly veggie.
The staff change from year to year as they are often students - but they're well chosen and always good......some years they're great! menu varies with the season so we lose/gain some favourites but it's all good.
Best value is their early evening menu - set price main with add on starters (2 price points......get the nachos....divine!) plus add on drink for a couple of quid (for beer or wine.)
We had a query/complaint many years ago and it ended up with the owner of the whole chain emailing us to explain.....and he was on holiday at the time! Don't get that sort of service in many - or any - places!!

1  Thank pinkheart
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When my friend and I arrived, there was no one to greet us so we hovered by the bar, hoping to get seen. At the bar, the priority was given to seated diners whilst we waited over 10 minutes for a pint and a spirit! Once seated, the staff were very attentive and i'll admit, they seemed very understaffed for a busy Saturday night. There were a few birthdays on. The food was nice, small but just right for me. BUT 2 items were missing from our order, and when we finally flagged someone down to ask, it took another 10 minutes for a small bowl of olives to arrive. When I complained, they did knock this off the final bill. Regardless of its business, the staff were apologetic and friendly.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

average food, low service, but nice staff and non stop service
Large choice of vegan food that is really nice! Real brazilian and mexican menu.
It's a bit costly but really nice to eat a different food.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The ambience is nice. The staff is really helpful and they have 2x1 on cocktails from 1-7:30pm the food is good and the price really convenient.