“Best Indian restaurant in Sheffield”
Review of 7 Spices Balti - CLOSED

7 Spices Balti
Price range: £16 - £24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 7 Spices Balti restaurant provides a cosy hide away for those looking for ambience, elegance and of course tasty Indian Cuisine at the best Indian Restaurant in Sheffield. The unique decor makes it one of the most sophisticated restaurants in Sheffield and UK.
Reviewed 28 January 2022 via mobile

We arrived at 7pm and were greeted with a smile and shown to our table.
The tables were placed a comfortable distance apart and the decor was lovely.
We were served with our drinks within 5mins and we had several more before our meal.
The meal started with popadums, followed by first course, I had onion barges (beautifully cooked) main meal was a lamb and vegetable dish again cooked to perfection, the lamb fell to pieces in my mouth.
As it was one of our groups birthday Taff the owner gave us a flaming shot to celebrate.
A couple more drinks and it was time for home.
So the verdict |:-
Would we go again……………………….4 yes
Seating & decor…………………………….4 positive
Value for money…………………………….4 yes
Friendliness of owner and staff…..4 excellent

Reviewed 14 January 2022

Highly recommended.

My partner and I visited this restaurant last week on a recommendation from a family friend and I cannot speak highly enough. I am an avid lover of good-quality authentic Indian cuisine, and the food was superb. Along with starters, I had a main of chicken madras and my partner ordered lamb roghan josh and both were excellent, with the madras being full of flavour and the level of heat being exactly right for what I would expect. The keema naan was also lovely.

The restaurant is excellent, well-furnished and the staff are polite and attentive without being over-bearing.

We will definitely be paying another visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2022 via mobile

Wow! We have been here 4 times in the last few weeks because after trying it for the first time we couldn’t stay away. The food is fantastic and service even better! The staff are super friendly and very helpful, by far one of the best curry restaurants we have ever been too!

Reviewed 8 January 2022 via mobile

Really nice food, good value for money and staff were very friendly. Good vegan options! Very efficient service from the staff

Reviewed 18 December 2021

I ordered a lamb biriyani; it tasted vile, this was taken away and a new lamb biriyani was brought back; it tasted like they put in lots of salt and pepper, I have never in my life tasted a dish as awful as that!
The dish came with some kind of sauce, this was supposed to be a vegetable sauce? This was oily and dark in colour and look like a dish gone wrong, it honestly could pass as vomit.

When I eat out at an Indian cuisine; I tend to order the same dish; lamb biriyani, this was the worse experience of a biriyani I have ever tasted in my life.

I did not eat the meal and was still charged; I was asked, if I would like anything else when I was leaving; not at all.

The meat and the dish was not fresh at all. The waiters were all accumulated at one side, too many staff and not enough service.

Nobody checked how the food was; after I complained about mine.

It was disgusting!!

Worse experience of my life;

I will never return.