“Not a positive experience”
Review of 7 Spices Balti - CLOSED

7 Spices Balti
Price range: £16 - £24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 7 Spices Balti restaurant provides a cosy hide away for those looking for ambience, elegance and of course tasty Indian Cuisine at the best Indian Restaurant in Sheffield. The unique decor makes it one of the most sophisticated restaurants in Sheffield and UK.
Reviewed 28 April 2024

The place was very busy for early evening Saturday night. Service was very slow and took around 90 minutes for main courses. Admittedly there were 7 in our group. The starters were very nice but the main courses were only just Luke warm and one meal was late being delivered as though it had been forgotten. The breads and parathas were very greasy and not at all pleasant. I was disappointed because I have eaten here before and had a much better meal. Even asking for the bill was three or four attempts., what made it even more disappointing was a group of unruly males at a nearby table who were loud using foul language obviously heavy in drink and damaging table decorations for fun. The staff made no attempts to calm them down and continued serving excessive alcohol to them. This was mentioned to staff who could only respond with I’m sorry. Don’t think I’ll be returning unfortunately. Definitely going downhill.

Reviewed 28 April 2024

We had booked but on arrival they never had a record of us booking and seemed a bit offhand with us as we were seated. The starters were okay but they were clearing the table before we finished. When the mains came we were waiting 5 minutes for cutlery and my partner had to go ask. After finishing our food they quickly cleared the table and asked us to leave as they needed the table. Will definitely not be coming back.

Reviewed 27 April 2024 via mobile

Poor customer service very arrogant! Got seated too poppadom and drink order. Had to chase up when taking plates away that no other order was taken. Delivered starters after a while. Came back with mint sauce to table at side of us asking who had ordered mint sauce, had to tell them it’s our table. Had to then chase up main meal order after a long wait again when they cleared our table. Manager or staff came round asking if everything was ok. Told him it wasn’t as we are still waiting. His replies was you’ve had your starters haven’t you can’t you see we are busy, basically being argumentative. Main meal finally arrives the naans were as greasy as anything, didn’t provide a napkin or anything. Complained again when asked if everything was ok. His response was well you should’ve walked out, totally laughable and poor customer service. Again blamed the business, told him it’s not our fault if you’re busy. Then asked if we complained 🙄 told him yes. Knocked us some money off the final bill. Been here a few times over years. Won’t be going again! #crapallround

Reviewed 31 March 2024

This is amongst the finest Indian food I have ever tasted. Their fish and seafood dishes are particularly good, the prawn dishes are a real treat .

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 17 February 2024 via mobile

When we arrived at the restaurant there were a lot of staff and service seemed like it was really good. Oh how we were fooled into a false sense of security!!! We were served our onion bhaji starters and when I asked one of the staff (who turned out to be the manager) if they had salt he said “yes over there” and pointed to all the salt pots for me to go and fetch myself! Whilst we were eating the starters which were ok he came over and asked us if everything was ok to which we said yes.
We got our mains and the bowls themselves were very hot but sadly the same couldn’t be said for the food inside them. My chicken was cooked but like warm when you bit into it. My friend had to send hers back because the fish wasn’t cooked. The other meal was very bland and more like a vegetable stew than a biriani. We said we didn’t want a replacement for the uncooked fish curry and despite the manager knowing it had been sent back he didn’t even bother to come over and ask what was wrong or apologise. Since there were issues with all of the meals I called the manager over and said I wanted to give him some feedback. Immediately he became very defensive and said well you didn’t want a replacement. We agreed that this was right and pointed out that he should have skill come over to apologise. I then told him about the chicken in my curry to which he started talking over me saying I came and asked you if it was ok and you said yes. We pointed out that this was during the starters but he just argued and spoke over the top of us and told us we were wrong. He had absolutely no interest in what we were saying to the point of saying the customer isn’t always right. We didn’t ask for any discount and tried to tell him we were just trying to give feedback and that he was being rude to which he continued talking over us. When we told him we would just leave a review he said he doesn’t care about reviews and that most of them are lies.
Just out of a small addition the portion sizes are extremely small!

Date of visit: February 2024