“Don't miss this one!”

Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have visited twice recently, and have been delighted - we were greeted on arrival by wonderfully friendly staff, the service and food were excellent, and coupled with lovely atmosphere this made our visits most enjoyable - 10/10
We have visited previously on several occasions, as a couple and in family parties, and have always experienced the same level of service. We would recommend Vito's for any occasion - special celebration or simply as a treat.

2  Thank Joan B
There are newer reviews for Vito's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I went to Vito's on my birthday and what a treat. As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted by Ola who is the main waiter/waitress. We were seated by the bar and I asked her to suggest a wine with our meal and what a good choice she made and it was not the dearest on the wine list by a long way. Suitably prepared we perused the menu and also the specials board. After long deliberation and many changes of mind we decided what to order.

My wife started with wild boar ravioli in a tomato sauce, I was told this was really good and having tried it myself before my wife consumed it all I can only agree.

Her main course was chicken breast wrapped in pancetta. It arrived with a plate of vegetables consisting of carrots (al dente), small potatoes and various mediterranean roasted veg. Her opinion was an empty plate, need I say more.

My starter was a dish called culetto (yes, I had not heard of it either), this was basically several very thin slices of ham with a salad of mixed leaves and a balsamic dressing that was out of this world. Apparently the balsamic costs £30.00 for a small bottle!!

My mains was wild boar slow cooked in a beautiful sauce with the aforementioned vegetables, the wild boar was so tender you could pull it apart with a fork and the sauce I cannot describe how good the flavour was, you must try it.

My wife had a chocolate mousse type dessert and I had a panacotta which arrived with three candle that were lit up and the customers and staff sang happy birthday, which was really sweet and unexpected.

The staff are very attentive (as usual) and Vito came out and wished us and had a chat for a few minutes. He recently appeared on a TV show and he may be in the next series.

He is a really down to earth guy and such a good hearted person who does a lot for the local community.

This was our fifth visit this year and before long tripadvisor will have to give seven or eight rings to give adequate ratings.

5  Thank budeSheffield
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We found this restaurant genuinely welcoming as soon as we set foot inside. The tables are spaced at a comfortable distance apart. The Xmas decorations were up and the place made us feel relaxed. We have eaten here before, and the food was just as good as it was then. The menu is quite extensive when the blackboard meals are also considered. The waiter / waitress service was excellent, which is for us, essential for the enjoyment of a meal out.
I would highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank dadean1001
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The food and wine were absolutely delicious as always... and the service absolutely fantastic. Definitely recommend the home made pasta (any type - all gorgeous!), and the dishes were all about the truffle last night so even tastier!

2  Thank 325Paul
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I visited Vito's for the first time and from start to finish the experience, quality and service were excellent.

There are lots of regional dishes on the menu that you will not find at most Italian restaurants, as well as all the favourites you would expect.

The highlight of the meal was slow cooked wild boar served with pappardelle. It was quite simply the most delicious Italian meal I have ever had.

Vito's has a cosy atmosphere and the staff were friendly and attentive.

I look forward to becoming a regular!

4  Thank Holyvic