“Christmas Party”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

What a great evening spent with friends at The Malthouse. Works annual Christmas Do! Helpful, friendly staff and the Manager went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. Food was great, hot, tasty and well presented. Ended our night dancing to a live band playing 70s and 80s music. We will recommend

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Went with my girlfriend for a bit of lunch. The place was not very busy at all so we had no problem getting seated. The place has a nice feel to it, lots of cosy nooks and crannies! The menu was pretty impressive. I opted for the Rack of Ribs and it was pretty big and very tender. My partner went for a Chicken Burger which again was pretty sizeable! The chips were a bit disappointing - those kind of fluffy light ones with not a lot of substance when you bite into them. But I would give the place another try as there were a lot more menu options that I would like to sample.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Food was just ok. To be honest i have had better pub grub and paid a lot less. Service was ok. There again it was a week night and there was only 3 tables occupied with 3 members of staff looking after us. There a better places in the area so don't think I will go again.

1  Thank steviejay65
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Went here with a party of 11 in November. The food was very nice and the service polite and professional. Giving it three stars because they over charged our bill with two desserts.
At the end of the evening everybody put in the kitty enough to cover their drinks and food plus a bit extra yet somehow we were £20 short! This could easily have been our fault at the end of a boozy evening but on close examination of an itemised bill we found we had been charged for two extra deserts.
The whole incident was quite dificult with the person on the till not believing our claims, making a sour end for some to a pleasent evening. It wasn't untill a waitress was asked to recite what desserts she had taken to our table that we were believed.
In my book this is not some small mistake but completely unacceptable, the trust between customer and vendor is completely lost. The counter staff were professional but cold. The security even tried too push us out the door whilst we were questioning the bill with the counter staff.
Also, for unknown reasons we had to prebook our menu orders before the night. The benefits of this was lost because they got my order wrong giving me a chicken burger instead of a 'Malt house burger'
I ordered some water for the table at the begining of the evening which did not turn up. After questioning a waitress about 15minutes later it turned out the water had been delivered to the other end of the table with about 4 glasses, only then did they bring some more water to our end of the table; where it had been ordered in the first place.
On the whole it was a busy night for them (the staff) I think they were at capacity most of the night and all the above shows they were only just coping.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

The food is tasty and well presented. Never had deserts as considerably over priced Staff are efficient and friendly..