“5 star”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner and 5 week old baby had a trip out to iron bridge to visit a friend and go for dinner, he recommended going to the malt house as its friendly, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices. We wasn't disappointed we had a drink at the bar before we got our table, food was quick and to a high standard. It wasn't over crowded yet busy. Happy bubbly atmosphere and lovely decor. Will definitely visit again. Friend informed us they have a back room with entertainment/disco/live band on a weekend evening, which we would like to try that at some point.

1  Thank Elle-louise K

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

I visited the malthouse today and from the outside it looked stunning, stunning location and very inviting, we were seated quickly and ordered our food, the food arrived and the standard of food for the price was horrendous, my beef stroganoff was just over 18 pound and was nothing better than a microwave meal, we ordered 9 sides for our table which they put on two boards and were told that as we ordered some of the same things they put them all together, drinks were flat and the general attitude of the staff was poor

After eating our poor quality meals, another side arrived which was supposed to be chicken wings and it actually looked like pigeon wings, they were tiny, dry and had hair on them, these sides were not cheap,

During our meal, a women, which we later found out was one of the managers sat next to our table to make a personal phone call, she repeatedly swore and argued with whoever was on the phone which was very uncomfortable to listen to, she had no respect for us or the other people eating in there and the fact we had a child sat at our table!

After finishing our meal we received a bill of over 140 pound, bearing in mind only 4 of us had main meals and sides and the other two people eating only had 3 sides!

Of course, we asked to speak to the manager, when we mentioned the standard of the service his reply was disgusting, he replied, 'not my staff, did you have a full meal? that's all I care about' no apology, no offer to compensate us for the horrendous meal, at this point the other manager arrived and said that we should pay up and leave, I have never in my whole life witnesses restaurant managers with such bad attitudes towards its customers, they did not listen to us and spoke over us whenever we tried to answer them, all 6 of us left the restaurant feeling angry and completely dissatisfied, these managers should not own a restaurant! Vile!

5  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

What a great evening spent with friends at The Malthouse. Works annual Christmas Do! Helpful, friendly staff and the Manager went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. Food was great, hot, tasty and well presented. Ended our night dancing to a live band playing 70s and 80s music. We will recommend

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Went with my girlfriend for a bit of lunch. The place was not very busy at all so we had no problem getting seated. The place has a nice feel to it, lots of cosy nooks and crannies! The menu was pretty impressive. I opted for the Rack of Ribs and it was pretty big and very tender. My partner went for a Chicken Burger which again was pretty sizeable! The chips were a bit disappointing - those kind of fluffy light ones with not a lot of substance when you bite into them. But I would give the place another try as there were a lot more menu options that I would like to sample.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Food was just ok. To be honest i have had better pub grub and paid a lot less. Service was ok. There again it was a week night and there was only 3 tables occupied with 3 members of staff looking after us. There a better places in the area so don't think I will go again.

1  Thank steviejay65