“Good day out”

Ironbridge Gorge Museums
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Ironbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic area, often used by moviemakers because of its unspoiled, authentic 18th-century architecture, offers several museums that represent a different aspect of Britain's industrial heritage.
UK
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went here a couple of weeks ago and had an enjoyable day learning about the Victorian history in the local area. It is all purpose built so do take that into account, however what they have done is impressive. Suits young kids too as there is plenty of activities to keep them entertained. We paid for an annual pass which gets you into other attractions in the local area which we will try out later on in the year.

• Polish first
Telford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A glimpse of the past”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

No visit to the area would be complete without a visit to the museums in the gorge. It really brings the past to life. You can get as much or as little as you want from a day out at any of the museum sites. Its not cheap but neither is a visit to a theme park.

Visited August 2013
england
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been there several times and each time there something different on .I would advise to get the annual ticket save money .and visit the whole complex .the xmas event is good also the nov 5 firework display .I go every year

St Ives, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had heard and read a lot of good things about this site but overall I was disappointed. Maybe I didn't do enough research or checked their website properly but I was surprised to find that the most economical cost to visit all the museums including the Victorian Village was £21.00 per person. The cost to visit the Village alone was just less than £14.00. In my opinion the village was lacking in atmosphere , and was too widespread to derive any sense of a community feel. I have been to the Black Country Museum which is better. I only saw one craftsman at work in the wood turning workshop and he was helpful. Prices to purchases goods and a mine train ride were a liitle costly bearing in mind the entrance fee. At the China Museum( Cost £7.00) there was no one displaying any crafts although when we enquired at the reception the staff were prepared to ask someone to return to one of the workshops . . We were also told that it was the pottery workers day off.I would liked to haveseen a potter at work.Probably other people will have a different view to me but I expected more .

2 Thank Graham R
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“A must visit”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A visit to Ironbridge would not be worthwhile without a visit to the many museums in the area. Both young and old would benefit from the vast knowledge that can be found